Mesaba Training Contract & Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
captpetefam said:
100+?!? That's it? If the current senario comes true, we're furloughing about 790 pilots. Now THAT Sucks!

Cya,

CP

Its too late for such hoo-nanny Mr CP. Regardless, QX is looking better every day.

Napoleon TNT said:
This article comments on returning of aircraft to the lessors. Nothing about 'pulling' a lease.

It also says nothing of the Avro.

Try again.

(The Avro is going no-where)

I thought that we had this covered.

With reagrds to "pulling" a lease, Ace McCoy summed it up best (just a couple post's after mine but I guess you didn't read that far before you responded).

AceMcCoy said:
Don't forget NWA leases the planes from the bank and then sub leases them to Mesaba. So it was NWA that announced they were pulling the sub lease contract from Mesaba. Then they got permission from the judge to get rid of the lease from the bank.
They are two separate issues. Sure NWA may be in violation of the ASA by pulling the sub lease on Dec. 20 but what is Spangebob Jinglepants gonna do? Nothing that will upset his overlord masters that's for sure.
And yes we are furloughing 100+ guys and it sucks.

NW is "pulling" the sub-leases from XJ and "rejecting" the leases from the bank.

Napoleon TNT said:
What documentation does it say that the Avro leases are "Pulled." How do you "pull" a lease? Fill me in. I'd like to hear that one.

Mesaba has 1000 pilots?

Have you read the NWA BK documents?

The Avro's are going no-where.

Airlinepilotcentral.com is about as reliable as some CRJ dink on flightinfo.

Yes, No, Yes they are, if you want more just go to Yahoo Finance and look up MAIR. There's 10X the info that all said the same thing... I just used airline pilot central because it was all right there and easy to read.

Sorry if you have a CRJ shoved up your... No need to take it out on me.

So NWA leases the saabs/avros from Saab/BAC/or a Bank. Then Mesaba leases them from NWA. Well since BK is allowing NWA to renegotiate the leases with the banks/manufactures...so can Mesaba renegotiate the leases from NWA since MSA is BK? So effectively they could be operating those a/c for absolutely nothing since NWA will pay less for the leases and XJ can pay NWA less for their leases. I know it sounds confusing...it makes sense in my mind.

Maybe we can renegotiate the leases on the B-models that we lease from PCL. So maybe we will screw them over and don't have to pay them for those planes.

wmudriver said:
So NWA leases the saabs/avros from Saab/BAC/or a Bank. Then Mesaba leases them from NWA. Well since BK is allowing NWA to renegotiate the leases with the banks/manufactures...so can Mesaba renegotiate the leases from NWA since MSA is BK? So effectively they could be operating those a/c for absolutely nothing since NWA will pay less for the leases and XJ can pay NWA less for their leases. I know it sounds confusing...it makes sense in my mind.

Maybe we can renegotiate the leases on the B-models that we lease from PCL. So maybe we will screw them over and don't have to pay them for those planes.

Huh??

wmudriver said:
I thought I read somewhere in a financial statement that we lease 10+/- saabs (straight B's) from PNCL. Then again...maybe I should put down the bong and turn down the bob marley music for a little.
I believe the State Bank of Delaware owns the leases on the 10 B models XJ got from 9E. It's been a while since I've looked at the registration. I think Carol Brady's family has connections to that bank.(Yes, that Brady)

Latest resources

Back