• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to take another hit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Newsouth........maybe you need some reading comprehension lessons. That comment was directed at the gulfstream PUNKS and every other pft loser who continue to do a great disservice to this industry. Enough said......any other questions??

Hey Guys,
Just a thought, but what is the current repainting schedule? One could think that since some of the Avro's are now almost pink than red, that possibly NWA could pull a few down (5 in Dec) and make it look like they were sitting them in response to the possible strike vote coming up.

Just my $.02

All the Avros need a million dollar mod in the tail, new paint to match the rest of the fleet and NWA is losing big money by only flying 35 of them at our pathetic pay (compared to Whiskey and any other 90K lbs. a/c ) instead of the allowed 36.

Those are three things that point to either getting rid of the planes for good OR take a few off line to get fixed under the guise of spooking us into a low ball contract.

Everyone on this board seems to think this announcement was to threaten the pilots at XJ. IMO it has nothing let me repeat that nothing to do with the negotiations at XJ. NWA management could care less about the negotiations. All they care about is the good deal BAe gave them to operate the AVROs is over and they can't make money on them. Even if the pilots worked for free! So they are as good as gone no matter what. Look this is not something I want for the pilots at Mesaba its just economics and as we know NWA is all about saving as much money as possible.

its just economics and as we know NWA is all about saving as much money as possible.

Exactly how much money are they going to be saving on the penalties for early lease termination? NWA management trips over dollars to pick up dimes if it means dealing a blow to the union. :mad:

From what I have been told this is NWA's chance to get out of the leases as per their contract with BAe without a termination fee.

swhenry1 said:
NewSouth, I really hope that you are not with Pinnacle or Mesaba pilot group with this inmature attitude, what you said in response to pft is way out of line for Mesaba current situation. I was in pcl flight ops Friday the 10th of October and Mesab Management announce lay offs for empployee with less than 3 yrs with the company (Gate agents and Ground support). This is absolutely absurd! stay united and stay strong! your pcl brothers support your pilot group 200%. What they are doing to you today they will do the same for pcl tommorow (2005) contract.

I was simply asking the guy to explain himself.
On one thread he calls us PFT punks. On this thread he makes a unity statement about the two pilot groups. I think this is a mature question.
These are the kinds of stones that draw blood.

Saabslime said:
Newsouth........maybe you need some reading comprehension lessons. That comment was directed at the gulfstream PUNKS and every other pft loser who continue to do a great disservice to this industry. Enough said......any other questions??

You made no reference to Gulfstream pilots in your post.My reading comprehension is fine. These gulfstream pilots are now Pinnacle pilots. How are you gonna get their support talking about them like that? Just answer the question without all the personal attacks please.

Latest resources

Back