• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to Phase out ALL the Saabs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the problem is too many pilots in the Delta connection family who are willing to work for lower pay and lower cost work rules.

In my oppinion, Delta is looking for a "NEWCO" cost structure to get the growth and Mesaba is anything but that.

Perhaps... If I had spent the last 5 years working as a reserve the way Comair treats their reserves I would have quit a long time ago.... As it is I am very unhappy at us not having build up reserves anymore. Yes, despite the terrible pay for the FOs at least the work rules were preserved in the bankruptcy to keep things at least semi-livable.

Would DL really want one holdings company to have the majority of most the DCI operations at their largest hubs? Skywest and ASA already dominate SLC and ATL. Acquiring Mesaba, Compass, Comair or any other DCI carrier would allow Skywest Inc. to dominate all the hubs. Does DL really want to back themselves into a corner with contracts like that? I dunno... just wondering.

Would DL really want one holdings company to have the majority of most the DCI operations at their largest hubs? Skywest and ASA already dominate SLC and ATL. Acquiring Mesaba, Compass, Comair or any other DCI carrier would allow Skywest Inc. to dominate all the hubs. Does DL really want to back themselves into a corner with contracts like that? I dunno... just wondering.

I agree, the last thing Delta wants is any ONE carrier having any more leverage in a hub. Delta wants as many carriers as they need to whipsaw pilots and keep costs low. Just look at how they run ground operations? There will always be a "new guy" with 1st year costs to compete with the mature regionals. Look for Comair and Mesaba to die a long slow death at the hands on Mother Delta.

There is a pay scale for both, but not a pay scale that would be "blended" for both aircraft on one pay scale.

So you don't have a 60-76 seat jet rate like your contract says? Seems to me they could operate a CRJ-700 at the same pay rate as the current configuration of the CRJ-900.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back