• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to Phase out ALL the Saabs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess those down grading Captains will wish that FO pay raise had gone through. Short sightedness bites again.

I am one of those captains.... I was , and still am against that proposal even if I soon go back to fo. Has nothing to do with being shortsighted, actually quite the opposite. If that went through, there would be NOTHING the fo's would get when we go to section 6 next year. The key to fixing the pay problem is getting rid of the blended payscale. I can guarantee that wouldn't have happened if the pay proposal passed. Now that it didn't we have a shot (maybe a long one but still) at fixing the cause of the problem.

I am one of those captains.... I was , and still am against that proposal even if I soon go back to fo. Has nothing to do with being shortsighted, actually quite the opposite. If that went through, there would be NOTHING the fo's would get when we go to section 6 next year. The key to fixing the pay problem is getting rid of the blended payscale. I can guarantee that wouldn't have happened if the pay proposal passed. Now that it didn't we have a shot (maybe a long one but still) at fixing the cause of the problem.

Well said. I am in agreement. I thought that proposal through KNOWING that WHEN Delta announced the removal of the rest of the Saabs i would be an FO and still was against the proposal. Two wrongs do not make a right. It was wrong not to give the PROMISE of fixing the FO pay rates by the MEC the last two contract bumps (Bankruptcy and 04 contract) and it was wrong to suggest the captains give it up now. By the way I think the results of that web survey was BULL$hit and lies. I sit a lot in that crewroom and not one captain I talked to on many ready reserve shifts said anything good about the proposal-I have lost trust in our local union.

Well said. I am in agreement. I thought that proposal through KNOWING that WHEN Delta announced the removal of the rest of the Saabs i would be an FO and still was against the proposal. Two wrongs do not make a right. It was wrong not to give the PROMISE of fixing the FO pay rates by the MEC the last two contract bumps (Bankruptcy and 04 contract) and it was wrong to suggest the captains give it up now. By the way I think the results of that web survey was BULL$hit and lies. I sit a lot in that crewroom and not one captain I talked to on many ready reserve shifts said anything good about the proposal-I have lost trust in our local union.

I think what was being said might have varied by audience. I had a couple CA's tell me they were on board with the proposal but they also signed the online petition opposing it. I'm an FO and even though I was opposed I felt no obligation to broadcast my position on the subject. How someone felt about the proposal was really no one else's business. I can see individuals going along with a group discussion just to prevent being hassled by someone they perceived as being a little overbearing. There were a number of people (on both sides) who were very adamant about their position regarding this idea.

They are just getting the Comair treatment. Delta is going to remind them how little they matter, take away A/C, cut overhead costs, do voluntary furloughs etc

Ditto....I'll be an FO again and was/am against that joke of a proposal.

They are just getting the Comair treatment. Delta is going to remind them how little they matter, take away A/C, cut overhead costs, do voluntary furloughs etc
No one matters unless you are fitting the new mold of what Delta wants down the road. Turboprops=Bad....CRJ200's=Bad.

What I would like to know is which of the Delta Connection carriers is next to be punished by Delta? So far Comair, ASA, Freedom, and Mesaba are taking the brunt of the whipping. Don't know if I missed anyone else. Who is next, and in what capacity?

MM

Last edited:
So in theory 60 airplanes is about 600-700 pilots, we currently have around 1200 total with 200 already on furlough. So 1000 minus 600 is about 400 pilots fat over the next two years. Any predictions if attrition do to the flow through to Delta and other airlines hiring in the next two years will be enough to mitigate more furloughs?? I have heard that Delta might up Mesabas flow through numbers from the current 9 a month to 20 to offset parking the saabs. Anyone else hear that one or is it even possible to change that number??

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back