Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to get 900's and Q's For DELTA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
interview at pinnacle, i guess its better to get to an all jet airline anyway

according to other sourcespinnacle is opening up a cvg base with former freedom and mesa 900s

I think the CVG base is just temporary. There is a TYD there next month but I don't know how long it will last. I don't think there's proof that the flying will be with Freedom's former 900's

Calloway - when did you interview? How do YOU think you did? Sounds like a bit of sour grapes on your part.

Wow, you better let TONS of former XJ guys that flew our turboprops who are at every major, FedEx, UPS etc... that they were foolish for working at an airline with Tprops.

BTW - go right ahead and go to PCL because they're all jet. Just don't forget their roots and the roots of basically every regional out there.... TURBO PROPS!

There are sure some tools out there! I think the saabs are the best thing for Mesaba, it keeps those young punks from wanting to come to our airline-the ones that interview anyways, are sure to screw up and show their true self at least once to those in HR and our pilots who interview! I think when we were hiring a while back-a few months ago and were forced to hire some idiots (yes, those 900 primadonna's who were "hand picked" for their above average skill and having the knowledge to wear their epilettes backwards) we learned our lessons about hiring idiots. I heard a story of a line check airman who confronted one of the 900 FO's who was wearing his the wrong way. the fo said he wore them that way because he was on the 900, the LCA said he heard it was for not being able to pass his IOE without over a 100 hours of being spoonfed how to fly

its not hate, we at mesaba look at our saabs as ours, not for someone else to put down-only those who suffered, sweated and froze can rip the Saab! Good luck at 9E, I know there are some good people there, I would never wish anyone bad luck in this industry, most of us did not have a chance where we were hired. By the way, you must know it by now, there are some on this forum who provoke others, wish ill fortunes and do not play well with others! Just have fun with it, its entertaining!

its not hate, we at mesaba look at our saabs as ours, not for someone else to put down-only those who suffered, sweated and froze can rip the Saab! Good luck at 9E, I know there are some good people there, I would never wish anyone bad luck in this industry, most of us did not have a chance where we were hired. By the way, you must know it by now, there are some on this forum who provoke others, wish ill fortunes and do not play well with others! Just have fun with it, its entertaining!

Anyone that puts downt the SAAB or any airplane is just ignorant. Every airplane has it's own little things we love. For example, I loved the caravan b/c it was a work horse and easy to fly (182 on roids!) The CJ b/c it was a kewl little jet, my first jet and well there ya go. The lear 31 because it was a bottle rocket with an awesome autopilot, fast as hell! overpowered which is always nice, and because I made it to flight level 410 in 15 minutes once and b/c you could fly at flight level 470 if needed. The piaggio avanti was also a fun airplane, fast, quite, easy to fly and well JUST LOOK AT IT. And I love the SAAB b/c it's a pilot's airplane in my opinion. It's an airplane that although it has an AP it doesn't really need it, also a work horse and well just FUN to fly! But aside from that each and every airplane has prepared me and gotten me to where I am at today. And I know for a FACT that maybe flying a "peace of sh*** prop" like many of you might say doesn't get me to a MAJOR, but I loooooooove Flying the SAAB for Mesaba. I my self am not trying to get rich from this, but flying the SAAb out of MEM is great! The crews are great! the flying is great! hell even the Fish bowl! I love it. But that's just me, I am a more simple man and not an arrogant little sh**** that thinks that flying a shinny jet for the same pay or WORST (pinnacle) makes me a better pilot.

As a former 9E'r, I gotta agree with xjhawk. I got hired on the RJ and when I started class there were new-hire SF3 guys with twice the flying time that I had. It's all manpower issues folks. I used to crashpad with an XJ Avro CA who went up the ranks and is now at SWA. His progression was T-prop F/O to T-prop CA to Avro CA. His fondest memories were on the Saab. To the guy not hired at XJ, I'm truly sorry because you're walking into a real mess at 9E. You may be going right to a jet but you're missing the bigger picture.

Latest resources

Back