Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba to get 900's and Q's For DELTA!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just directed to this thread by a bud who flys for Mesaba.

Reason being, I flatly refused to believe there were guys g a y enough to wear their epauletts backwards/upside down beause they "Fly the 9"

So can someone confirm? Are there actually FO's (and/or captains) on the -900 that think they get to wear their uniform backwards?!?! And are they promptly beaten senseless afterwards?

I haven't seen one yet. I think it's just urban legend. I highly doubt they would get away with it as the 900 Captains would be quick to set them straight. Nonetheless, I have added to my acceptance flow to look at my FO's eppelets ;)

Thanks for setting it straight. It did sound pretty hard to believe.

On the other hand...

I'm not lying when I tell you I've personally seen a captain here wearing a hat that said "MD-11 Capt" embroidered or stitched (didn't get close enough to tell) on the brim. And we aren't even required to wear hats at all!

I guess anythings possible with some of these clowns.

That comes with the little pilot suit he get to wear at Halloween. My nephew has one (he's two) Really cute. I explain he needs to get a real job shen he growns up. Not like his bum uncle.

Sorry Mel

Good freaking Lord... Who are you?

There is more unadulterated pure B.S. in this one post than the rest of F.I. combined (and that is saying something).

You don't have a clue about what you are talking about so just clamp it shut before you make a bigger idiot of yourself. Just because you haven't seen some of this stuff doesn't mean it isn't happening. We have a little pride here, so we don't broadcast when people have issues or struggle in training. Sorry you aren't "in the know" on everything.

Just shut up already.

Sorry Mel,

A little "PRIDE". Are you kidding me? XJ is the proudest pilot group in North America, excluding Piedmont.

You have to admit that your pilot group put on a good show, back in the day. However, the show seems to be over.

Your pilot group's post seem a little pathetic lately.
I beleive XJ's darkest days of "industry respect" are ahead of them.

ASA and Comair don't "play". Neither does ATL. I will watch closely, as your new-hires arrive in ATL. We shall see how things come full circle for the XJ top-guns.

It must begin in INDOC. They must have some sorta UND/MSP ego building framework, that produces cheerleaders for XJ. They come outta INDOC feeling as if they are the industry leading regional carrier.

Anyway, I do respect some of your old post, but I think XJ has and will continue to slide down the "regional respect" hill. And then fall off the cliff. And of coarse, I will find some justice in this. I am bleeding from the shots XJ has taken. I look forward to my wounds healing.

Sincerly,

ALPA Brother

Sorry Mel,

A little "PRIDE". Are you kidding me? XJ is the proudest pilot group in North America, excluding Piedmont.

You have to admit that your pilot group put on a good show, back in the day. However, the show seems to be over.

Your pilot group's post seem a little pathetic lately.
I beleive XJ's darkest days of "industry respect" are ahead of them.

ASA and Comair don't "play". Neither does ATL. I will watch closely, as your new-hires arrive in ATL. We shall see how things come full circle for the XJ top-guns.

It must begin in INDOC. They must have some sorta UND/MSP ego building framework, that produces cheerleaders for XJ. They come outta INDOC feeling as if they are the industry leading regional carrier.

Anyway, I do respect some of your old post, but I think XJ has and will continue to slide down the "regional respect" hill. And then fall off the cliff. And of coarse, I will find some justice in this. I am bleeding from the shots XJ has taken. I look forward to my wounds healing.

Sincerly,

ALPA Brother
You do realize that you responded to a post from Sept.?

Also, XJ has been flying into KATL for years, through DTW and MEM, on the AVRO and CRJ900. And I seriously doubt the newhires from Comair, Eagle, ATA, ExpressJet, PSA, to name a few will have problems going there. The days of the 300 hour UND transition were shortlived and have long been over.

I'm sorry if you perceive XJ or their pilots as the catalyst to your "bleeding". We have definately taken our shots the last couple of years, but we don't "play" here either. Our work rules are intact, our pay is inline or exceeds all other DCI carriers (on the CA side, the FO side slightly different story due to our blended rate), and safety is a company culture mantra. We are cheaper right now, due to having all the contracts and leases streamlined during BK, and being wholly owned.

This DAL flying is XJ's first bid into the Delta system, I'm sure there will be growing pains, but Anderson announced XJ's continued future with DAL months ago, this should be no surprise. I feel and have felt you pain if your company is downsizing or furloughing, but turn that anger toward your own management and not toward your pilot brother. They are the ones that are manipulating or allowing the merger to come together as it is. Unfortunately, in a cyclical industry we are all going to feel our share of pain at one time or another.

Finally, unless you held off flying for any other regional, and plan on retiring from there, get off your "my airline is better than yours" attitude. We all sent out multiple applications, and would have accepted any one of them. The one that called first is who we accepted and based on that timing it could have been the greatest or worst choice. XJ for me was great for 2 years, then I got to experience 2 downgrades and 5 1/2 years on reserve, now it's great again. Better or worse that was my timing, not another pilots fault for going to their carrier which was growing.

wow

You do realize that you responded to a post from Sept.?

Also, XJ has been flying into KATL for years, through DTW and MEM, on the AVRO and CRJ900. And I seriously doubt the newhires from Comair, Eagle, ATA, ExpressJet, PSA, to name a few will have problems going there. The days of the 300 hour UND transition were shortlived and have long been over.

I'm sorry if you perceive XJ or their pilots as the catalyst to your "bleeding". We have definately taken our shots the last couple of years, but we don't "play" here either. Our work rules are intact, our pay is inline or exceeds all other DCI carriers (on the CA side, the FO side slightly different story due to our blended rate), and safety is a company culture mantra. We are cheaper right now, due to having all the contracts and leases streamlined during BK, and being wholly owned.

This DAL flying is XJ's first bid into the Delta system, I'm sure there will be growing pains, but Anderson announced XJ's continued future with DAL months ago, this should be no surprise. I feel and have felt you pain if your company is downsizing or furloughing, but turn that anger toward your own management and not toward your pilot brother. They are the ones that are manipulating or allowing the merger to come together as it is. Unfortunately, in a cyclical industry we are all going to feel our share of pain at one time or another.

Finally, unless you held off flying for any other regional, and plan on retiring from there, get off your "my airline is better than yours" attitude. We all sent out multiple applications, and would have accepted any one of them. The one that called first is who we accepted and based on that timing it could have been the greatest or worst choice. XJ for me was great for 2 years, then I got to experience 2 downgrades and 5 1/2 years on reserve, now it's great again. Better or worse that was my timing, not another pilots fault for going to their carrier which was growing.

Great post. Well written. You are right. You win, again.
:puke:

Happy Holidays

Last edited:
god I hope that was not sarcasim. The post was 100% right on. I am at XJ and I for one will not stand for someone putting another airline down and thinking they are better because they came to Xj and have never been on reserve or just plain old think they are hot $hit. We have a great group of union guys at our pro standards who are making some of our less professional pilots see the light. Most of us have seen the bad side of life at XJ, I for one have about 6 months of not being on reserve at this company. Seeing one furlough notice and two displacements. I know that other carriers are going through a tough time right now, we at XJ have been there. Do not blame us for our company winning bids that DELTA has put out on the open market. The whipsaw is an old NWA game and now apparently a Delta one.

Latest resources

Back