Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Street Saab Captain program done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
my oppinion so becareful!

Seat locks are a company desire to protect their investment in training.

Union Nirvana would be to have the senority list have the highest paid person at senority #1 and shoot straight down to the lowest paid person at #end ... via no seatlocks.

That is why the provision would be in the contract. If the company so pleases, they can release seat locks (their desire) to fill a vacancy as long as they do so fairly (non-discriminatory or in union talk with the most senior affected pilot followed in senority order after that).

Any Saab Captain who is currently on a freeze, who has a CRJ captain preference on file, will be eligible to be awarded a CRJ Captain Position in seniority order

Now read it like this:

All Saab Captains currently on a freeze, who have a CRJ captain preference on file, will be eligible to be awarded a CRJ Captain Position in seniority order

as needed just means in the end this provision will only apply to the total amount of captain seat available. 14 or 12 (or whatever the number is) Saab captains may be released from the Saab lock to occupy the CRJ

Ok guys, I went straight to the source - Frank, manager of crew planning

He said seatlocks are released before the whole process takes place!

So if you are a super senior seatlocked Saab captain you will get the CRJ right from the get go (not have to hope that not enough junior guys take it)

C

Why would XJ waive seatlocks? Talk in the crew room last week was that the Saabs were well staffed maybe even a little over. I wonder if they are just skimming off some of the captains so they won't have to replace more fo's? Just a thought.

Why would XJ waive seatlocks? Talk in the crew room last week was that the Saabs were well staffed maybe even a little over. I wonder if they are just skimming off some of the captains so they won't have to replace more fo's? Just a thought.

But someone has to come from somewhere to fill their Saab Captain spot.

If they are heavy on captains they can skim a few away without replacing. Are the february captain lines (dtw) typical? The credit on most are around 80 I believe ... seems low.

But someone has to come from somewhere to fill their Saab Captain spot.

They are a little heavy on saab captains in MSP with 30 some reserve lines. This is where the 200 captains will probably come from so they wouldn't have to replace them, just cut down the number of reserve lines.

How many more aircraft until we reach the snap back provision in the contract? Just wondering if XJ will be going all CRJ soon and the company is lifting the seat locks to get pilots to go over to the CRJ voluntarily before they announce the Saabs are going to another carrier or bye bye. I know its a long shot but just a theory

How many more aircraft until we reach the snap back provision in the contract? Just wondering if XJ will be going all CRJ soon and the company is lifting the seat locks to get pilots to go over to the CRJ voluntarily before they announce the Saabs are going to another carrier or bye bye. I know its a long shot but just a theory

Your not getting out the saab this winter that easy.

Saabs are in are name there not going any where!
Mesaaba
MeSaaaaaaaaBa

Last edited:

I'm under the impression, especially with the price of oil where it is, we will probably be seeing even more turboprops of some kind as the saabs start to go away...if anything I'd think the 200's we're getting will be the first to go with no replacement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back