Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Street Saab Captain program done?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup a 2007 newhire (not seatlocked) will still be awarded CRJ captain before a seatlocked 2000 hire date. The release of the seatlocks would only happen if there are no more people qualified and not seatlocked bidding for the upgrade.

Yup a 2007 newhire (not seatlocked) will still be awarded CRJ captain before a seatlocked 2000 hire date. The release of the seatlocks would only happen if there are no more people qualified and not seatlocked bidding for the upgrade.

Most of the new hires hired in 2007 still don't have Atp mins.

I think they are trying to shrink the number of msp saab captains and are allowing all to bid disregarding seat locks for this bid ie no seat looks apply for this bid. At least thats how it reads to me. Why else would they make a note that all captains check there pref bids.

I think they are trying to shrink the number of msp saab captains and are allowing all to bid disregarding seat locks for this bid ie no seat looks apply for this bid. At least thats how it reads to me. Why else would they make a note that all captains check there pref bids.

Reread the notice. It says they will release seat locks on an "as needed" basis. Seat locks will not be released if enough unlocked qualified pilots bid the slots.

Vacancy Notice 08-01
Per Section 24.C.1. of the CBA, Mesaba plans to waive as many Saab Captain Freezes as needed to fill the CRJ Captain positions on this Vacancy 08-01. Any Saab Captain who is currently on a freeze, who has a CRJ captain preference on file will be eligible to be awarded a CRJ Captain Position in seniority order. Saab Captains who are not awarded a CRJ Captain Position on this Vacancy Award will continue with their Saab Captain Freeze. Saab Captains should ensure that their bid cards accurately reflect their choices.

I think this is the companys way off avoiding 07' new hires from getting a golden child CRJ captain slot, the company would rather have more "XJ" experienced pilots into the left seat of the CRJ, no offense to anybody with this opinion. Does anybody have any predictions if vacancy 08-01 will go senior or junior? Just wondering since many senior folks have to consider the 12mo. flow through seat lock.

WMUSIGPI summed it up correctly.

"Yup a 2007 newhire (not seatlocked) will still be awarded CRJ captain before a seatlocked 2000 hire date. The release of the seatlocks would only happen if there are no more people qualified and not seatlocked bidding for the upgrade"

What are the company's flight time requirements for the CRJ? Are they the same as for the SAAB? you know, ATP MINS?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back