• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Stations Best In DCI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe someone can help figure this one out. maybe the General can help, he is that all knowing. I thought that Delta after the merger combined all the wholly-owned regionals ramp agents . I think they (Mesaba, Compass, and Comair) are now called RHS. So why is it Mesaba fault, wouldnt it be Delta's fault its there Ramp handing service.

-Raskel-
on the ramp agent being pay? back a few years ago I work as a rampie for pinnical. Mesaba a year later took over the station where I worked and ended up getting a 2 dollar rasie. As I no longer work for mesaba its a good thing.

lolwut

I don't think anyone can question the quality and consistency of Mesaba's ground operations. They are hands down the very best in the industry. Look no further than DTW and MSP, then compare these cities to ORD, IAD or any other operation for that matter.

It is unfair to suggest otherwise on this board. Here's to all the Mesaba ground workers who make a huge difference everyday. Shame on the Secretary of Transportation for this silly political diversion. Isn't he responsible for running the world's most efficient ATC system. What happened to Nextgen? Mr Secretary Please Do Your Job and leave Mesaba alone.

I don't think anyone can question the quality and consistency of Mesaba's ground operations. They are hands down the very best in the industry. Look no further than DTW and MSP, then compare these cities to ORD, IAD or any other operation for that matter.

It is unfair to suggest otherwise on this board. Here's to all the Mesaba ground workers who make a huge difference everyday. Shame on the Secretary of Transportation for this silly political diversion. Isn't he responsible for running the world's most efficient ATC system. What happened to Nextgen? Mr Secretary Please Do Your Job and leave Mesaba alone.

Put down the hashpipe - this was a weather diversion, so SECTRANS irrelevance, was irrelevant.

When they 'own' the equipment to unload passengers. Don't know much about ERJs. But, don't they require external stairs - even at their meager door height? An 'evacuation' probably was not prudent given the risk of injury.
That was part of the problem. Jetways were already occupied. No tugs in RST and NWA crews were gone.

On a side note, ExpressJet was asked if they wanted their passengers to ride on the bus with the NWA passengers to MSP. They declined.

I have read many "my companies outstation is better than yours" posts over the last couple of months. Fact is, they lack of planning and preperation of the integration of the two systems (NWA & DAL) is mostly to blame.

None of the stations were taught the others computer system to proficency. As operators, we all have slightly different requirements and expectations on how to turn an aircraft. And alot of our experience is determined on how we deal with the issues at hand.

I have been to most of the stations and have seen poor performance on everyones part. (DAL, SkyWest, XJ, 9E, NWA, ASA, Comair) They are all equally bad. Fact is, SkyWest working a SkyWest flight, maybe awesome. But when they work an XJ flight, it's an absolute nightmare. (I saw this in VPS. I never had one delay or ANY problems whatsoever, yet ASA guys have nothing nice to say about the station). Being an XJ guy, I NEVER have had a problem with an XJ station and think highly of them, but my experience is probably completely different than a Comair persons experiece in the same station.

I do have a problem with what happened in RST and I am quite frankly dissapointed in their response to the situation. But there is more to the story than is getting reported. And I place most of the blame on those DIRECTLY responsible for the safety and security of the airline's passengers and crew. That would be the CA, Dispatch, SOC, CEO of ExpressJet, and not the station that is trying to help.

It's childish to rant on FI about bad experiences in a station. That is why I personally do not post all the BAD things I have seen recently. And I try to help the station to understand our expectations so that the next flight does not have the same experience. I consider that professionalism, but alas some of us prove that they are not professionals over and over.

Latest resources

Back