• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Stations Best In DCI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whoever took over the Montana stations really sucks thus far, too bad because that place use to be by far the best run stations. Should be a fun winter. Nice job DL!

Comair is doing the handling- I've heard the same thing from a OO station personal working the OO UA flts. Passengers have come by their counter saying, "we sure miss you guys".
Yeah, should be a fun winter.
SkyWest CS/ground handlers rock!! The best in the biz.

Last edited:
Comair is doing the handling- I've heard the same thing from a OO station personal working the OO UA flts. Passengers have come by their counter saying, "we sure miss you guys".
Yeah, should be a fun winter.
SkyWest CS/ground handlers rock!! The best in the biz.

Horizon run stations are hands down the best run stations I've ever been to. Great bunch of people and they all seem happy, its weird.

The worst run stations are Mesaba for sure!! Been to DTW? Geeeez what a nightmare.

Only at a Mesa ba station have I seen someone drive the jetway to within a foot of the airplane, run outside to hook up the ground power and then waddle back up to finish the driving the jetway.

It's as if their employees have some kind of priority-ordering syndrome. But at the rate they pay those guys, I guess they can only afford retards.

I don't know if any airline pays their ground people less...as a matter of fact, isn't that our motto?

You're dealing with a female captain. She can't think for herself.

Is this true? If it is it makes a lot of sense. I've found most female pilots are way too "nice" or accommodating to just say F it I'm doing THIS. Except for the butch ones of course.

Is this true? If it is it makes a lot of sense. I've found most female pilots are way too "nice" or accommodating to just say F it I'm doing THIS. Except for the butch ones of course.
Yes it's true.
Like you said, females are too passive.
Hell, didn't the crew want to get to the hotel? maybe they were a stand up/ continuos duty/ high speed crew....what ever you want to call it

When did final authority go to Mesaba rampers? Will someone send me that memo?

When they 'own' the equipment to unload passengers. Don't know much about ERJs. But, don't they require external stairs - even at their meager door height? An 'evacuation' probably was not prudent given the risk of injury.

Ummm....Mesaba's IATA code is XJ.

(We all know you are not really smart enough for the regional forums.)
-Please try and keep up.

Bueller.... Bueller....

-Duh!

The point I was making was in response to Gen Lee's idiotic post about all DCI carriers. Since MESABA runs that station, and since they are a WHOLLY-OWNED SUBSIDIARY, RA really has no one to blame-other than himself....

Looks like the whole situation was due (in large part) to the type of incompetent foolishness we have all been warning everyone to expect from Mesaba.

(The point of posting the link was to show that they describe themselves as a "wholly-owned subsidiary of DAL.)
-You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Maybe someone can help figure this one out. maybe the General can help, he is that all knowing. I thought that Delta after the merger combined all the wholly-owned regionals ramp agents . I think they (Mesaba, Compass, and Comair) are now called RHS. So why is it Mesaba fault, wouldnt it be Delta's fault its there Ramp handing service.

-Raskel-
on the ramp agent being pay? back a few years ago I work as a rampie for pinnical. Mesaba a year later took over the station where I worked and ended up getting a 2 dollar rasie. As I no longer work for mesaba its a good thing.

Latest resources

Back