• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T Handle: You mean that some contracts have guaranteed upgrades? I must have missed that one.

AvrodriverJ85: I'm curious if you've said the same to Tom face to face?

Last edited:
This avrodriver is also not a fan of the TW......there is some decent talent in office as a whole, but Tom is all about national....he had his chance to look good in the spotlight...all the tough talk leading up to the strikedead line, telling everyone they needed 100% of the group behind a strike.......well I guesss it must have been the pilot groups fault, good old Tom didn't want to hurt the 2%'s feelings. Gutless showboy..........AD

[AvrodriverJ85: I'm curious if you've said the same to Tom face to face? [/B][/QUOTE]

XJ Captain -

Actually, I have said this to Tom, right to his face. He just gave me that typical Minnesotan 'doe-in-the-headlights' look. The guy is clueless about what this pilot group is all about. But, he's real clear on his personal agenda. For three years he ranted and raved about pilot solidarity and got us all worked up. Isn't it clear now why they never showed the pilot group the cards they were holding? They weren't afraid of what the company would counter with, oh no - these guys were afraid to show the pilot group just how weak of a hand they were holding. It's pretty clear where Wychors motives are and whose footsteps he's trying to follow - "Daddy Duane".

There's no proof, but I am sure that on the eve of the strike and into the extension, ole' Duane gave Tom a call on the bat phone and told him, "Well I've given you your 30 seconds of fame, now go in there and sign on the dotted line; there will be no strike".
With the stroke of a pen the 'Wychor Propoganda Machine" started with 'contract of our peers', "we saved your jobs", "the company would have claimed bankruptcy", "hey, FO's got a 20%+ pay-raise", and "hey, you got retro-pay".. (ALPA dues deducted of course).

Just remember all the ranting and raving in those pizza dinners and road shows about how our MEC was going to set the FO's straight. Did they? Nope, they just anchored them down for another 5 years of poverty and empty promises.

(History Lesson) XJ FO's make the same payrate regardless of whether they fly the 33 seat turbo-prop (Saab) or the 69 seat jet (AVRO). Our MEC harped for many years that they'd rectify this situation, we just needed to trust them. Guess what, didn't happen. In my book trust and respect are earned, in this case he gets neither.

Not only does a Saab FO make the same wage as the 146 pilot, but so does a Metro or Beech FO. The union said that that is an unfair comparison since we have no Beech's or Metro's. Funny though, 50 seat jet rates were very important to the union, even though we have none of them, nor plans to have them in the life of this contract.

I sent a resume to Scott Lindsey in Aug, 01 and was offered an interview and picked a date for late september. I received an interview packet that included a plane ticket. The day after 9/11 he called and asked for the interview packet back. Over the past few years I made several inquires to this board looking for updates on when they will begin interviewing again. I just read this post and was wondering if I still have a chance at an interview with Mesaba, and if someone could help me with a contact to call and find out. Now with 4300 tt with 1500+ pic turbine in Lears, I am more qualified for an FO position than I was back then and I am still interested in working with Mesaba. Thank you in advance for your help.

I sent a resume to Scott Lindsey in Aug, 01 and was offered an interview and picked a date for late september. I received an interview packet that included a plane ticket. The day after 9/11 he called and asked for the interview packet back. Over the past few years I made several inquires to this board looking for updates on when they will begin interviewing again. I just read this post and was wondering if I still have a chance at an interview with Mesaba, and if someone could help me with a contact to call and find out. Now with 4300 tt with 1500+ pic turbine in Lears, I am more qualified for an FO position than I was back then and I am still interested in working with Mesaba. Thank you in advance for your help.

Mr Freeze said:

Are you really that interested in living in MSP, DTW, or MEM? With 1500+ turbine PIC, why are you looking at regionals? 121 Time? Sounds like you already have what most "regional" pilots are working to get...Turbine PIC.

Another highly intelligent post, most likely from somebody who thinks the world owes them an upgrade etc. Maybe mommy and daddy should have said no once in a while. Sorry if the current mess the airlines are in has slowed your career path, but welcome to reality.

Latest resources

Back