Mesaba hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

T-handle

Since the new contract, Mesaba has hired 14 in February and 14 in March.

On the latest Vacancy scheduled for the April 5th new hire class, "16" are slated to be hired. And which aircraft you will be placed? Looks half and half to me, but Mesaba places you where they need you, not on how you dazzle them in the interview or sim. MSP, DTW, CVG, and MEM are the bases. Mesaba has a good commuting clause if you decide not to move to one of these bases.

Oh and from what I understand the only way to get an interview is to have someone within the company walk in your resume. MGT is not taking any mail in resumes nor or are they advertising on the company website. I belive the minimums are 1000TT and 100 ME but from talking to a check airman, who is involved in the training dept, he said the competitive times are nearly 2000TT and 200ME. Good luck

T-handle said:
Mesaba has a good commuting clause if you decide not to move to one of these bases.

T-Handle: Any knowledge of where the new Mesaba contract can be found? Aviationcontracts.com still has the old one.

I don't know if it's online yet but guess what, I don't even have a copy of the new contract nor do any Mesaba pilots!!! and it was ratified 2 months ago. I suppose they have been typing up the final draft and there is still bickering between the ALPA and Mesaba lawyers over little contractual language like crossing the Ts and dotting the "I"s.....

The commuting clause is in our Flight Operations Manual, not in the pilot contract. A good portion of mesaba pilots commute, especially the ones based in DTW and MEM. Basically as long as you give yourself at least 2 NWA, Mesaba or Pinnacle Flights to get to work (the second flight must be scheduled to arrive at least 1 hour prior to your report time), then that's all you need. What it allows the company to do is if you can't make it on the first flight for whatever reason(oversold, all jumpseats taken, mechanical, etc), then the company can elect to positive space you on the 2nd flight.

Man That's great for you Mesaba Guys. Our Pinnacle policy is similar as far as being listed on 2 flights but if we still can't get to work we'll be miss-tripped and have to fight like mad to prove we couldn't get to work. As far as them positive spacing us??? Yeah right we're just S.O.L. Oh and we have the healthiest pilots at my company. Because we cant call in sick or it's a carpet dance (that last part is a little exaggerated but it's darn near as close to the current policy). Still wish you guys would've walked. We respect you for not cow-towing to mgmt.

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

I know a guy that had his old flight instructor walk in his resume and got an interview that way. Everyone that I know that was hired recently had someone walk in their resume.

according to the latest vacancy award posted today, most newhires went into the Saab in DTW, a few in MEM Saab and a couple to DTW Avro FO. I don't know the future of hiring at this point. I've heard rumors that XJ wants to hire up to 200 by the end of the year and I've heard that the month of May will be the last new hire class until we get new aircraft.

Considering movement is still very slow, it may be a while before you get off reserve, maybe a year?. It's not like the good ol days when we had an attrition rate of 10 or more per month.

And your seniority in class is done by age, oldest being the most senior. This will affect your initial domicile. Good luck!

Don't Be Fooled !

T-handle said:
I don't know if it's online yet but guess what, I don't even have a copy of the new contract nor do any Mesaba pilots!!! and it was ratified 2 months ago.

Yeah, it takes them 2 months to get us copies of the contract, but it took them all of 45 minutes to sign off on a deal that will effect our lives for the next 5 years. Way to go Wychor !! Thanks for putting your personal gain and political future ahead of the pilots that you supposedly represent. When you new-hires meet this guy don't be fooled by his smooth talk, he has not an ounce of integrity in his body and is only interested in one thing - his political future within ALPA.

I still get a kick out out of some people that say 'Oh you're gonna upgrade soon, just watch.....' Still over 130 numbers from the most junior Captain award.

Uh yeah show me in the contract the says I'm going to upgrade.... I have disassociated myself from our MEC.
98% pilot solidarity to a 66% ratification.... real nice! Hats off to ya for the next 5+ years!

Oops, did I say that??

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back