Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba has [blank]... Does Pinnacle and Colgan?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan has:

ASAP - Yes
FOQA - Yes (in development; LOA is signed)
PBS - No (We were told it was "funded", but hasn't been implemented yet.)
LOSA - Yes, completed but the data hasn't been released yet.
AQP - No
SMS - No, but it is mentioned in the strategic plan for creating a just culture here at 9L
Seniority list check airmen/APDs - Yes
Seniority list sim instructors - Yes, but also non-seniority as well.
Seniority list ground instructors - Yes, but also non-seniority as well.
Simulator location - SAAB STL and IAH, Q-400 STL
Recurrent training is held at IAH, IAD, and EWR...Pay for your accomodations and typically scheduled during your days off with no compensation.[/QUOTE]

Are you F-ing kidding me? Why the hell does anyone show up for that crap?

I noticed that too.... That will be no more.

Yes, we have plenty of text-ers (SMS) at Pinnacle. Just make sure to look up once in a while when you taxi. Or when you approach MSP.

SMS is a ICAO Standard that all US Airlines will soon be held to. 9E is already Level 2 which is pretty good and ahead of the game. Mesaba hasn't begun the procedure.

Colgan has:

ASAP - Yes
AQP - No
SMS - No, but it is mentioned in the strategic plan for creating a just culture here at 9L

Recurrent training is held at IAH, IAD, and EWR...Pay for your accomodations and typically scheduled during your days off with no compensation.

PBS is something CJC ALPA has explored while prepping for our negotiations and have commented they don't think it would work well for the pilots. At least not as we are currently structured. In the future, with structural and base changes, it might be something to look at.

After a long development process our AQP was just approved and we will begin utilizing it by the end of August. SIM still every 6 months for everyone (yes FOs too), but one will be a non-jeopardy Training Event (PT) and one will be a regular PC.

SMS is actually being utilized by the Safety Department already. To what extent, who knows.

We utilize both seniority list and contract SIM instructors and ground instructors. Right now mainly on the Q400 (Bombardier entitlement training from aircraft orders) but only during heavy training pushes. I know CJC ALPA has been holding the line on this, though. The company does want the ability to do checking with contractors as well. Something that is a BAD idea and the pilot group will never agree to.

What is LOSA?

Line Operations Safety Audit is I believe what the acronym stands for... basically folks in the jumpseat on revenue flights simply evaluating areas that can be improved. All pilots are told to do things as if he/she wasn't there. The company found some things they wanted to change in the culture (such as reading the paper and changing the language on electronics in the cockpit). The data is much like FOQA in that it is de-identified and used to find changes to make that help the safety aspect as a whole.

Line Operations Safety Audit is I believe what the acronym stands for... basically folks in the jumpseat on revenue flights simply evaluating areas that can be improved. All pilots are told to do things as if he/she wasn't there. The company found some things they wanted to change in the culture (such as reading the paper and changing the language on electronics in the cockpit). The data is much like FOQA in that it is de-identified and used to find changes to make that help the safety aspect as a whole.

Thanks for the info. :beer:

Colgan has:

ASAP - Yes
AQP - No
Recurrent training is held at IAH, IAD, and EWR...Pay for your accomodations and typically scheduled during your days off with no compensation.[/QUOTE]

Are you F-ing kidding me? Why the hell does anyone show up for that crap?

because you'll be fired if you don't

Do we still have that, or is that just something that was done when the Sabitini safety audit was going on? I haven't seen or heard of anyone riding the jumpseat to observe things from a safety standpoint since that was over. Nice job jumping right on the recommendations from the firm, too, management. Have we even implemented ANY of the stuff they suggested?

Latest resources

Back