• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba getting 15 more CRJ's out of ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a joke blesko. You know what a joke is don't you? Obviously you have no sense of humor since you have all of your ratings listed. Get a life.

Actually, I'm a pretty easy going guy. When you get the Ipod out of your ears, I'll buy you a beer.

The planes that ASA was holding out hope ARE going to Mesaba FOR NOW. There were some emotional people in the GO when the word was passed down. Delta doesn't have to honor the 80% number right now since we did not meet the second lowest cost for the three year mark. Word is that ASA will likely meet the goal for the five year mark. Then there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth when these other guys lose their planes to SkyWest Inc.

Mesaba won't be holding these planes for you. Delta made this move for more than just a holding tank for SkyWest. Planes come and go at the regionals. You have to hate the whipsawing. But I know thats not what you want to think. If Delta wanted SkyWest to fly them then they would have given them to SkyWest. If they didn't.....just review Pinnacle and Freedom and.....SkyWest and......

So you think you are immune to Delta??? Good luck with that. We'll see if you still feel the same way in a couple years.

Jeez people... Mesaba becomes apart of DCI and all of a sudden we get a lesson on whipsawing and the evils of the game. As if we were never on the roller coaster ride with NWA? Are you kidding me? NWA has got to be the most ruthless, bottom line centric airline out there. We at XJ are no stranger to whipsaw and bad times. Thanks though, to all the DCI guys for all the warnings of the perils of the business.

I'll say it again... where were all of YOU when Mesaba was shrinking, furloughing and going through hell the last 6 years when you were all GROWING?

Last edited:
So you think you are immune to Delta??? Good luck with that. We'll see if you still feel the same way in a couple years.

I'll assume you were replying to me. Immune? Did you read the post? Did you look at my third sentence? Did you see the highlights in my quote that I was refering to? You are enlightening no one.:cool: Mesaba as others have gone through this crap for years. Mesaba grew when Express I shrunk. Then vice versa. Mesaba pilots are well versed on this, don't worry.

Last edited:
Mesaba won't be holding these planes for you. Delta made this move for more than just a holding tank for SkyWest. Planes come and go at the regionals. You have to hate the whipsawing. But I know thats not what you want to think. If Delta wanted SkyWest to fly them then they would have given them to SkyWest. If they didn't.....just review Pinnacle and Freedom and.....SkyWest and......

I'm not digging at guys that are aware of the game. I am very aware of the whipsaw game. DCI plays it very well. I also understand the business end of the deal. You guys got hosed when Spanjers put you guys into BK. Now you're seeing some planes coming your way because you have a junior pilot group with BK imposed rates.

What I was poking at is some of these kids who put these posts gloating about XJ is getting Freedom planes. What they fail to understand is that could well change in a couple of years. Being owned by Delta means they can do whatever they choose with the company. Just because there is an agreement to fly for fifteen years means what? Is Delta going to sue itself?

The other point is all the talk I hear from the XJ base in ATL. If those planes wind up coming to ATL, SKW Inc will have oppurtunity to bid those planes. IN a couple of years, they will probably be able to do it for less that than XJ can and the whipsaw will continue.

Welcome to the suck with the DCI family.

An XJ ATL base is strictly speculation. The company made no mention of one and is hinting of NOT having one any time soon. We'll actually see what happens. Also, I don't think ANY XJ pilot has been on here gloating about our growth. There has just been discussion of the facts.

An XJ ATL base is strictly speculation. The company made no mention of one and is hinting of NOT having one any time soon. We'll actually see what happens. Also, I don't think ANY XJ pilot has been on here gloating about our growth. There has just been discussion of the facts.

Seems it would be hard to have 150-some pilots (+FAs) all flowing in/out of ATL without actually being based there.

I'm not digging at guys that are aware of the game. I am very aware of the whipsaw game. DCI plays it very well. I also understand the business end of the deal. You guys got hosed when Spanjers put you guys into BK. Now you're seeing some planes coming your way because you have a junior pilot group with BK imposed rates.

What I was poking at is some of these kids who put these posts gloating about XJ is getting Freedom planes. What they fail to understand is that could well change in a couple of years. Being owned by Delta means they can do whatever they choose with the company. Just because there is an agreement to fly for fifteen years means what? Is Delta going to sue itself?

The other point is all the talk I hear from the XJ base in ATL. If those planes wind up coming to ATL, SKW Inc will have oppurtunity to bid those planes. IN a couple of years, they will probably be able to do it for less that than XJ can and the whipsaw will continue.

Welcome to the suck with the DCI family.

I am an XJ guy and agree with you on these points

Growth... Heck up to this point we've just been trying to get back to where we were in 2001.

Latest resources

Back