• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba getting 15 more CRJ's out of ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We all know this is an evolving, cyclical and fluid industry. Practices of the past are not dictating how airlines operate today and into the future. While cost + agreements were balanced with wholly owned partners in the past, I think mainlines have realized how idiotic a cost + agreement is. Especially the bit about paying for their fuel and guaranteeing a profit, even if it means a loss for mainline.

Dream on. If they give Mesaba and Comair the bulk of the contract flying, DL gives up their leverage during contract negotiations.

If it is such a good idea, why has DL and AA talked about selling Comair and Eagle? Why did NW spin off Pinnacle a few years back? Surely they knew they were not paying a middle man when they owned them.

And this whole fuel arguement is rediculous. Who payes ALL of Mesabas fuel? Who Payes ALL of Pinnacles fuel? Any difference? Nope.

ASA needs to get their costs in line with the competition or they won't be around soon. One way or the other, ASA needs to be more competitive.

Is anyone else sick of hearing these "pat on the back" messages from management and not getting anything in return. More people need to call/write/e-mail/ask face to face to BH "if our performance is this good, why aren't we seeing growth?"

15 900s, now thats some massive growth. Look around the industry, where's all the growth that we're missing out on? Industry wide regional aircraft numbers will shrink. The only growth will be from shifting aircraft around between carriers.

Our best chance at growth within the DCI system is if one of the cheaper operators royally screws up performance in ATL and Delta realizes you get what you pay for and switches the flying to us. We're already starting to see this with 9E's recent performance.

ASA not going to be around? Are you kidding? Skywest Inc has almost a billion in the bank. They can outlast any regional out there. Which leads to our best chance at growth. 5 years from now Skywest Inc will be here. Not all the regionals operating today will be. Our best chance at growth will be to move in and takeover when these regionals go bankrupt.

It was a joke blesko. You know what a joke is don't you? Obviously you have no sense of humor since you have all of your ratings listed. Get a life.

After the first page I need not read any more. But I will say this, do not be expecting a ATL base any time soon. Guess what? Its all bridge flying for now. I think they are waiting to open a base only if they get awarded more flying in atl. Yes, there is a bid out for 35 more crj 900's. Management likes our chances. We have some of the best numbers for reliability and such. Oh and by the way, since he took it in the behind during the bankruptcy, we are very "competitive" for the economics of it all. Oh and to all of you that are bashing us at XJ, we had both our hands tied behind our back during our bankruptcy fight, thanks to our government's laws and other factors (our pilot union's lack of national unity for contracts-not sure how to fix that one though). So when we furloughed about half our pilot group when you were eating up all the flying and bragging about it, you can screw off. We at Mesaba are not taking your planes, we are getting Delta's planes, they can give us any plane they own. Guess what, we know they can take them away too. ggod day to you all, and good luck. we are in a crappy industry. This coming from a guy that has pretty much been on some sort of reserve for 5 years and has had one furlough notice and been about 40 seniority numbers from a second furlough notice.

notice the spelling...

mesa...ba

things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Wow. I never noticed that before. The things I miss.

Thanks for pointing that out. What esteemed school of hiring learning did you attend to figure that out?

There are similarities though. Mesa has a bad contract they got in bankruptc... Mesa has really good work rul... Mesa has a flow throug...

Yeah, I think you are right. The names are similar.

never made it out of high school. unlike most of the people on this board and the industry in general, we actually had to WORK to get these jobs not just cut checks.

Latest resources

Back