• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesaba flow up and down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOW, another flowthrough scheme..... I guess we don't learn from our mistakes....

This doesn't solve any problems, it just continues the same one......

What happened to the PID Occam?

How will this effect XJ pilots (especially at the bottom of the list)?

Congrats!

If there are furloughs at NWA, there will now be furloughs at Mesaba. If not, a junior Mesaba pilot will maybe flow up in 10 years or so.... at newhire pay without any longevity.... Nothing much to see here folks... keep it moving.....

From what I understand there has been about one flowup in history that ever worked.

Do the current NWA furloughs go to XJ and Compass, or just Compass?

This is a step in the right direction. At least it is a beginning. I realize that the history of flow agreements is not pretty. The details will determine the value. If this is done right it can benefit both pilot groups.

As far as I remember, further 76 seat growth can only occur with new 90+ seat aircraft at mainline.

The 36 CR9's coming on line now, we were going to get, regardless, as Avro replacements.

We all want growth at Mainline. This flow deal is not in opposition to that growth. A 76 aircraft is long long way from an Airbus. NWA seems to be milking those 9's for all they are worth. I think their whole system would collapse without them.

The real positives here are:

NWA and Mesaba ALPA are working together to affect positive change (unity and strength are good things for unions, right?)

NWA ALPA has leverage with NWA mgt, and are fixing some of the problem areas in their TA (maybe you guys can start taxiing faster than the speed of cold syrup again, huh?)

Last edited:
From what I understand there has been about one flowup in history that ever worked.

Do the current NWA furloughs go to XJ and Compass, or just Compass?

Out of all the NW furloughed pilots, I understand only a handful opted for Compass. Of course, none could opt for XJ. NW expects all furloughed pilots to be back at NW now +or- a few months.

JoeMerchant is right about a junior guy getting to NW in 10 years at year 1 pay. You can't go to XJ or CP for the flow thru.

If there are furloughs at NWA, there will now be furloughs at Mesaba.

Really? You mean like when Northwest furloughed, and then Pinnacle (the other wholly-owned) started furloughing?

Oh wait! That didn't happen. Maybe in "Merchant World"? That planet where it's important to sue for the right to do other pilot's flying for less?

If not, a junior Mesaba pilot will maybe flow up in 10 years or so.... at newhire pay without any longevity....

So exactly how much longevity are Mesaba (or any other Airlink) pilots getting hired at the legacy's getting now?

Bueller?

Pity you weren't there to convince the Wright brothers to pack it in, huh?

Geez! If it makes you feel any better, I don't think any Mesaba pilot will be forced to flow-up to NWA.

Really? You mean like when Northwest furloughed, and then Pinnacle (the other wholly-owned) started furloughing?

Oh wait! That didn't happen. Maybe in "Merchant World"? That planet where it's important to sue for the right to do other pilot's flying for less?

Come on Occam, you can do better than that.... there wasn't a flowthrough/flowback with Pinnacle, that's why they didn't furlough.... ie NO FLOW BACK. Now there is a flowthrough/flowback with Mesaba.... if NWA furloughs, and NWA pilots flowback to Mesaba, there will be furloughs at the bottom... just like there was with Eagle and CAL Express....

Occam's Razor said:
So exactly how much longevity are Mesaba (or any other Airlink) pilots getting hired at the legacy's getting now?

Bueller?

They aren't getting any Bueller.... that's the point, that's the point.... they aren't getting anything more than they have now..... They can go to the bottom with zero longevity........ just as they could before this magical agreement.... the difference is now mainline pilots can flowback into the top of the Mesaba list.... such a deal.... no thanks.....

Latest resources

Back