• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesaba flow up and down

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pity you weren't there to convince the Wright brothers to pack it in, huh?

Geez! If it makes you feel any better, I don't think any Mesaba pilot will be forced to flow-up to NWA.

But I bet they will be forced back by furloughed NWA pilots.....

I'm not sure who to shoulders more blame: The government, for their harmful nerve gas experiments on live humans...or you, for volunteering.

I understand your fervent desire to paint anything touched by ALPA as "baaaad!", but you're gonna have to eat the big green one here. This is a good deal.

Best part: It's none of your frickin' business!

9E did furlough right after 9/11...they just didn't last that long. And there was preferential hiring of some furloughed NWA guys that wanted to fly the RJ. I know one in particular that became a 9E check airman and recently went back when recalled.

Wow! Kinda hard following your logic here. The RJ's coming to Mesaba replace the Avro's that departed last year. How is that an erosion of narrowbody aircraft?

The erosion happened back in the late 90's when the Avro's went on line and replaced all of the DC-9-10's in service at NWA.

None of the ratio numbers changed in this deal, and the impact of the work-rule changes will result in more pilots required.

Work rule changes that further decrease pilot productivity? You guys will be back in bankruptcy before you know it.

This is a good deal.

So what's that like!?

Deal with it! (ha!)

Glad to see a mainline person advocating a flow agreement, versus taking the ball away from the game, setting it on fire, and challenging anyone playing to prove that a game OR a ball existed in the first place- let alone the pesky flames.

Kudos, lads. All the best.

Still working on the 'xactlies, but yes...it's a deal.

About time!
I'd Like to thank all the hard work done by our MEC and NWA ALPA MEC.
Death to WHIPSAWING !!!

1st year pay at NWA is soon going to be less than first year pay at mesaba or compass. What captain at either XJ or compass is going to be able to take a pay cut down to less than $20,000 when the narrow body replacements start showing up?

Really management agreed to this decision because it locks pilots in at mesaba or compass for at least 30 months from DOS. Your best bet to get hired at NWA mainline in the next 3 years is to work at pinnacle.

1st year pay at NWA is soon going to be less than first year pay at mesaba or compass. What captain at either XJ or compass is going to be able to take a pay cut down to less than $20,000 when the narrow body replacements start showing up?

Nice guess, Nostradumbass! If your predictions about pilot pay are anywhere near your spectacularly incompetent and inaccurate predictions about staffing...we're safe.

Really management agreed to this decision because it locks pilots in at mesaba or compass for at least 30 months from DOS.

Huh?

Add this to the list of things you know nothing about.

Nice try, Herr Goebbels.

The erosion happened back in the late 90's when the Avro's went on line and replaced all of the DC-9-10's in service at NWA.

Check you time-line. The DC-9-10's were here long after the Avros came online. Addition of the Avros at Mesaba has no impact on the deliveries of the A319's either.

I will staunchly defend your right to express your opinion on fleet changes at NWA, but I think you should try form it based on those "fact" thingy's.

Work rule changes that further decrease pilot productivity? You guys will be back in bankruptcy before you know it.

Just the opposite. The changes will require more efficiency. The contract decreased the requirement to make us efficient, because those rules diluted "penalty time" in the schedule. But you knew that, right?

Nice guess, Nostradumbass! If your predictions about pilot pay are anywhere near your spectacularly incompetent and inaccurate predictions about staffing...we're safe.

Huh?

Add this to the list of things you know nothing about.

Nice try, Herr Goebbels.
What is first year pay for NWA mainline if they replace the DC-9 with a ERJ 195?

Latest resources

Back