• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Court Ruling Part IV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My bet is that NWA/XJ wants XJ to liquidate. I have said it a hundred times. First year pay/benies for all Compass peeps compared to the extremetly high seniority throughout XJ. It is the same thing they do with the outstations. The operate as XJ for a few years, then shift enough flying to 9E to tell all the stations that they can be hired back as 9E employees with mass seniority loss. Rinse and repeat a few years down the road and switch em back to XJ.
PIA, MLI, APE, MLU, AEX to name a few.

Liquidation will never happen with XJ. Do you really think NWA would operate with only one regional for the next year while they are ramping up Compass? That would give way too much leverage to Pinnacle. Never gonna happen. That is not how they operate. They will drag this out to the 11th hour, I guess we are there now, a TA will pass by like 55% and XJ will get the CRJ900's. That is the only way his is going down. Mark my words and easy does it...

What your saying is that the xj pilots will roll over in order to take delivery of new planes? I thought that was the purpose of our old contract. If they're already willing to take concessions to fly new aircraft, then Spanjiers is smarter than I thought. Threaten enough people long enough, and even lies will motivate the weak. I hope your wrong.

-Spartacus

I hope I am wrong also but that is my prediction. I did not say all of XJ will roll over. Only 50.00001%-55%. Just my prediction, but that is how I see it going down...I personaly will be voting no to any concessions, but I have heard from too many people who are willing to give the 15% offered by the union just to move on...

This whole time I have thought that the Mesaba pilots would stand firm against any concessions. But as time goes on and more and more pilots have either been furloughed or moved on to better places, the only ones that are left are the lifers. Unfortunately I think management may have played this like a fine violin. The lifers might just bite on something that the group earlier as a whole wouldn't have. I pray that I'm wrong and that those senior pilots have the will and fortitude to stand up to this garbage that XJ management is trying to ram down their throats. This is criminal.

There's something to be said for just getting a reasonable deal and moving on.
Unfortunately, TW has painted all of you into a corner with his tough talk rhetoric! How's it going to feel when a crappy TA passes and you try and rationalize the choice you made when you voted yes. Mngt knows that even a crappy TA will pass by over 60%. They know you're a gritty group, but all of you can be worn down by consistently grim news, displacements and reduction in your quality of life. What's killing XJ is the senior Pilot and there are plenty of them.
Spanjers isn't the fool you make him out to be. He is the puppet of NWA and even if something is blatently a lie, he will tell it anyway and collect his bonus.
What will you collect for standing up to Big Red?? An unemployment check?
If you're going to talk strike, go ahead and strike, but don't talk tough, then lie down like a wet noodle at the 11th hour.
Remember: No job at all is better than a job not worth having!

What will you collect for standing up to Big Red?? An unemployment check?
If you're going to talk strike, go ahead and strike, but don't talk tough, then lie down like a wet noodle at the 11th hour.
Remember: No job at all is better than a job not worth having!
In the past, NWA has issued discount coupons to taco bell. We believe that is fair compensation during difficult times.

At least I can enjoy the weekend, eh?

Speaking from a furloughed XJ driver looking in I wouldn't blame the guys if a TA passes that is close to what management was demanding. Its not the average line pilots fault that ALPA doesn't have an answer to the race to the bottom. Not many want to be the guy that sacrifices their job for the good of the cause, just ask the United, Delta and NWA guys. Its a great concept we are all in one union but we are all working against each other competing for the work.

Latest resources

Back