• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Court Ruling Part IV

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure what's more disturbing...the sham that XJ management is trying to pull or reading quotes from Baghdad Beth (Costello).

Judge delays Mesaba ruling

Associated Press
Last update: October 12, 2006 – 3:02 PM

A bankruptcy judge is giving Mesaba Airlines and its unions a little more time to talk.

Judge Gregory Kishel had said he would rule today on Mesaba's request for permission to throw out its union contracts with pilots, flight attendants, and mechanics. But the union asked for a delay - and today the judge gave it to them.

Mesaba is a feeder carrier for Northwest Airlines. Both are reorganizing under bankruptcy protection.
The lawyer for Mesaba's creditors opposed the request. Attorneys say the creditors had planned to take some action on Monday if the unions didn't make a deal - but now those unspecified actions are on hold, too.

But the union asked for a delay - and today the judge gave it to them.

I've seen it enough on Law and Order et al, to know that (if this was TV) the unions are asking for a plea bargain. . . f'ing great.

Come on, Jack, how about 2nd degree Involuntary Weak Contractism - 3.5 to life.

However, if the company said they would impose the last offer of 17.5%, then why are we negotiating? Unless the company has something else to say . . .

Soo verry phu king sick of this chit.

Huh???????

The UNIONS asked for this delay????????????????????? I just want to get on with my life one way or another. If we are going to liquidate, lets go. If not, lets get the new aircraft and move on from this sham.

Last edited:
The union sure talked big. They just lost any credibility that they had by asking for the delay.

Pleased to report . . .

We're pleased to report a delay?

I'm gonna try that next time I have a flight delayed:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. I'm pleased to announce that we're delayed today due to weather. No, no, don't thank me, thank mother nature."

Who are they pleasing?!? Spin that shizzle, Tommy.

+1

Yeah, I don't get it. Why do I have the feeling the union is going to get a TA on the order of 15-17% Prove me wrong, PLEASE!!!

Well 15-17% sucks, but if the union can reach a deal it will not be the 5.5 years that the company wants. Thats one of the advantages of a possible TA. I can't figure out if management wants XJ to liquidate or if they just want to draw out the drama a little longer......stay tuned

Latest resources

Back