• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Big Announcement on Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This wait is probably worse than holding my bladder from MSP to BIS with a stiff headwind.

We gotta find this secret batcave where this meeting is taking place.... who's up for a recon mission?

Last edited:
Mel Sharples said:
I think it's time we get some new bag stickers printed:

"My MEC speaks for me! I just have no f***ing clue what they are saying!"

The first pilot I see dragging his flight bag around with this sticker gets a hundred bucks, from me. That's a promise!

Here's a clue. What is the relationship between Mesaba and Skywest?

Delta Air in talks with SkyWest-report

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Delta Air Lines is in talks with SkyWest Inc. to sell one or both of its regional subsidiaries, according to a report published late Monday citing a SkyWest executive.

Bradford Rich, chief financial officer of SkyWest, said Monday at an investors conference that Delta had expressed "more than just an interest to sell Comair and Atlantic Southeast, the Wall Street Journal reported on its online edition.

See full story.

"We think we're in the best position of anyone to take advantage of this type of opportunity," the Journal quoted Rich as saying at the Raymond James Institutional Investors Conference in Orlando, Fla.

According to the report, Rich did not specify if SkyWest (SKYW: news, chart, profile) was interested in one or both carriers and said discussions were in the early stage.

Rich said SkyWest's initial view is that it can cut about 5 percent of the costs of either carrier, the Journal reported.

A Delta (DAL: news, chart, profile) spokesman did not return a call from the Journal seeking comment. A SkyWest spokeswoman said she didn't have additional information to provide, the Journal reported.

According to the Journal, Delta spent $2.9 billion buying ASA and Comair.

Skywest has no affiliation with NWA. What's your point? We can attempt to link this Mesaba issue to anything in the news. That's how bad and ridonkulous the speculating has become!!!

FO

flap operator said:
Skywest has no affiliation with NWA. What's your point? We can attempt to link this Mesaba issue to anything in the news. That's how bad and ridonkulous the speculating has become!!!

FO

I heard that Eastern Airlines and Trans World Airlines went under. I wonder if Northwest will merge those seniority lists with Mesaba and start Super Connie service to Europe?

Typical juvenille response here.

I thought that Mesaba and Skywest had a code share or some other marketing relationship. Perhaps I have them confused with another carrier.....if so my bad

Well in that sense, Mesaba has a codeshare agreement with DL, KL, CO then! NWA doesn't have a codeshare with Skywest... NWA has codeshares with DELTA some of the flights happend to be operated by Skywest. Big difference.

FLY - maybe you're thinking of BigSky. Mesaba and BigSky have the same parent company, MAIR HOldings.

FO

Latest resources

Back