Mesaba big annoucement imminent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyingdutchman said:
Do you have to pay for training at Wal-Mart as a greeter?

Also, which Wal-Mart bases are most junior?

Great... Here we go... Another perfectly good thread turns into a bash Wal-Mart thread. ;)

You guys will be lucky to get 1/2 of what we had in our OLD contract and you wont come close to our current contract in pay, QOL, W-2 earnings ability ect. ect.

Oh yeah, we have an industry leading 401K, our CEO said so. It's true, ask him :)

seriously, our current contract leaves much, much to be desired. But isn't it a bit early to predict what we will or will not get?

As far as pay goes, our current CA rates for the CRJ are more than the new contract at XJ. I know that XJ does not have any CRJ's yet, but when they do, those pilots will have to say that they fly it at a lower rate than 9E.

FO's at both companies are being screwed. FO pay at 9E just sucks, plain and simple. Avro FO's are making $11 and hour less than Comair for year 3. Saab FO's do Ok, but at the expense of the Avro guys.

I'm not going to make any promises as to what we will get, but I will promise that if the MEC brings us a POS TA, I will vote no, encourage fellow employees to vote no, and support an effort to recall the MEC.

Last edited:
Carl_Spackler said:
seriously, our current contract leaves much, much to be desired. But isn't it a bit early to predict what we will or will not get?

Well said, Carl.

Honestly, saying what you will get now is like saying who you are going to take to prom and how you are going to screw her on the first day of school. Your intentions may be noble, but no one has any idea what will happen.

At XJ our union talked a good game. In the end our contract is good but the CRJ rates blow. But seeing as we have ZERO of them, and may never have any of them, I guess I can't say much. Hard to ask for industry leading rates for a plane you don't even have. People made fun of "industry leading Saab rates" but right now that is the best thing we have going.

T-prop driver 'til I die....

Carl_Spackler said:
Oh yeah, we have an industry leading 401K, our CEO said so. It's true, ask him :)

As far as pay goes, our current CA rates for the CRJ are more than the new contract at XJ. I know that XJ does not have any CRJ's yet, but when they do, those pilots will have to say that they fly it at a lower rate than 9E.

FO's at both companies are being screwed. FO pay just sucks, plain and simple. Avro FO's are making $11 and hour less than Comair for year 3. Saab FO's do Ok, but at the expense of the Avro guys.

I'm not going to make any promises as to what we will get, but I will promise that if the MEC brings us a POS TA, I will vote no, encourage fellow employees to vote no, and support an effort to recall the MEC.

Keep breaking airplanes and providing crappy service, we'll see what kind of contract you'll get.

Somehow I don't think the company will bring up "broken" airplanes in order to strengthen their negotiating position.

"Since you guys broke some airplanes, you must take concessions. That way we can attract more qualified pilot to help prevent that from happening again" -probably won't be heard at the negotiation table.

True, but they may bring up the fact that it is "ramp control," not "ramp tower", but most of you still can't figure that out. Also that the majority of you used to work in your dad's barbeque sauce factory down in Mississippi and $20 an hour is pretty lucrative compared to that. Bye.

All of you just get real, the truth is Horizon is coming over with our 400's and taking all your flying..We can do for cheaper. more efficiently and with more satisfied customers...Why would Northwest keep all you old hags on the job, if you don't believe it, just wait and see...
The delay is the Alaska contracts, after the 15th the news will be out...

If our pilots don't know ramp control vs tower, I seriously doubt our mgmt does either.

Also that the majority of you used to work in your dad's barbeque sauce factory down in Mississippi and $20 an hour is pretty lucrative compared to that.

Oh yeah, my dad can beat up your dad... if you knew who he was. :)

SIR MILO said:
All of you just get real, the truth is Horizon is coming over with our 400's and taking all your flying..We can do for cheaper. more efficiently and with more satisfied customers...Why would Northwest keep all you old hags on the job, if you don't believe it, just wait and see...
The delay is the Alaska contracts, after the 15th the news will be out...

That'd be great except for the small fact that the 400's are just slightly outta scope for NWA. Nice thought though...

Carl_Spackler said:
Somehow I don't think the company will bring up "broken" airplanes in order to strengthen their negotiating position.

"Since you guys broke some airplanes, you must take concessions. That way we can attract more qualified pilot to help prevent that from happening again" -probably won't be heard at the negotiation table.

Your negotiations on compensation will probably start out with the pilot negotiators pointing out the company profits after 9/11 and the company pointing out that there is no guarenteeing min. margin from NWA after 2007. Then, you guys will compare yourselves to Comair, Horizon, and ExpressJet. The company will say, "you're right, let's compare you to Comair, Horizon, and ExpressJet"! Then the garbarge will be regurgitated. You guys are sorta like Leon in the Budweiser commercial. Can anyone say "Cost Neutral Contract"!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back