• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba big annoucement imminent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on guys. Ease up on the 9E pilots. I am getting tired of this. Sheesh!

The Signs Are Just Too Much!!

captpetefam said:
Yup, it's coming for sure! A VERY reliable source told me this today: "You will be sharing great news with all the people you love." Then my source went on to say: "Lucky Numbers 5, 9, 20, 24, 34, 44."

Alright... my source was my Wok and Roll fortune cookie. I admit it. But, they're all true... right?

I'm just being overwhelmed from all sides... or maybe all my sides are overwhelming me (considering all the Chinese food)!

"Change is happening in your life, so go with the flow... [through]" [editors note] Hmmm, maybe this is about more than just crj's.

Carl_Spackler said:
As far as pay goes, our current CA rates for the CRJ are more than the new contract at XJ. I know that XJ does not have any CRJ's yet, but when they do, those pilots will have to say that they fly it at a lower rate than 9E.

I'm curious... How many minutes after arriving would XJ have to wait to get paid extra for?

Some of the best advice I heard was "Don't turn to (just) section 3 of your TA, and then decide how to vote".

TH

Scheduled of 2+05

Actual of 2+06

We get paid 2+06

Block OR Better

Good luck to you 9E guys negotiating. You've got alot of ground to cover.

Towelie said:
Well said, Carl.

Honestly, saying what you will get now is like saying who you are going to take to prom and how you are going to screw her on the first day of school. Your intentions may be noble, but no one has any idea what will happen.

At XJ our union talked a good game. In the end our contract is good but the CRJ rates blow. But seeing as we have ZERO of them, and may never have any of them, I guess I can't say much. Hard to ask for industry leading rates for a plane you don't even have. People made fun of "industry leading Saab rates" but right now that is the best thing we have going.

T-prop driver 'til I die....

What is real interesting about this line of thinking is that during the 1999 negotiations at Pinnacle, nee Express I, their management asked for a 69-seat jet rate. The Pinnacle MEC's response was, "Sure, we'll give you Mesaba rates plus 5%." There was NO WAY that the Pinnacle MEC was going to undercut their "brothers" at Mesaba. This scenario was fully communicated to the XJ MEC during their negotiations with appreciative words all around from the XJ MEC.

Actually, it is much easier to negotiate industry leading rates for an aircraft that you don't have. How easy would it have been for XJ to negotiate an industry leading 747 pay rate? Instead, we see what happened. The XJ rates undercut the PCL guys. You know it as does everyone else.

The XJ pilots have been industry leaders in talking about the perils of the whipsaw. Too bad you didn't do something about it when you had the chance.

Oh for the love of god....

Let's settle this XJ vs. 9E thing once and for all. Let's all meet in front of the Itasca Grill in MSP and see who has the longest dicks. The team with the most sausage length wins, once and for all.

F***ing a this is getting old.

Hey Mel, you seem to be the point man on any new info. What's the latest??? We're half way through the 10 days and not so much as a peep from management. Did the NWA "higher-ups" like what they saw??? Gotta get new juice to keep the hopes alive... :)

I would be willing to bet our current over your next one too.

Again, I think making predictions like this is a waste of time. What information are you basing this bet on?

We're still a minimum of 2 years away. And when we do get one, I'm guessing that there will be some sections that are better and some that are not as good. Then there will be a big pi$$ing contest to see who has the best overall contract.

Maybe some of you can remember when mesaba was going through the final 6 months of negotiations everyone (XJ and 9E) was cool with eachother. Yeah we support you...and what not, but now it seems that the pilot groups have a wedge driven between them. IT'S CALLED FLIGHTINFO.COM For the handfull that post here there are probably hundreds of XJ/9E guy/gals reading this. I guess the point is that not all 9E pilots want to bash XJ, I hope you guys get more airplanes and have a good ride at Mesaba. As for me at 9E, well I'll deal with what is handed to me (weak fo's sometimes, crappy work rules) and make the best of it.

I can say that all 9E captains need to step up to the plate and correct your zero to hero fos as soon as they make a mistake. I get tired of listening to our flights checking on with ZMP at Flight level twenty thousand. Teach your fos things don't just sit back and let the standards fall apart in front of you. Perhaps a premium is necessary in our next contract for flight instructing. I know everyone makes mistakes but the fundamentals should be there.
Peace

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back