Mesaba big annoucement imminent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It wouldn't be a stretch at all

Six months would be VERY possible. Considering the fact that we have guys in our pilot group that wrote all the training material for Pan Am for their CRJ program and the CRJ (according to one of them) is one of the easiest jets to learn, I don't think we'd have any trouble flying those planes within six months. I heard a monkey with no thumbs could fly one of those with only 2 weeks of training.

Six to eight months is plenty of time.

While I agree that 6 months should be adequate time to put a new
aircraft type on the certificate in normal times. I am concerned that the certification using the CSET team from the FAA is backed up and
may not be able to fit it in the schedule. Has anyone checked to see how backed up they are?

It isnt Chicago Express. Here is a paste from fltos.com

Indianapolis-based Okun Enterprises, Inc. has emerged as the high bidder for Chicago Express Airlines, the regional carrier once linked with ATA Holdings at Chicago Midway Airport.

Okun Enterprises, a real estate investment and management firm, is controlled by Edward H. Okun. The U.S. bankruptcy Court approved Okun's bid for substantially all the assets of Chicago Express including the operating certificate, spare parts and inventory. In addition, Okun has agreed to purchase two SAAB 340B aircraft owned by ATA Airlines, Inc.

theo said:
While I agree that 6 months should be adequate time to put a new
aircraft type on the certificate in normal times. I am concerned that the certification using the CSET team from the FAA is backed up and
may not be able to fit it in the schedule. Has anyone checked to see how backed up they are?

I don't know but one of our Fed inspectors said they have already been working with Mesaba on an issue that "can't be discussed." He said he didn't know officially but was led to believe it is a new plane.

I don't know why some people have such a hard time believing this. It isn't that tough to figure out.

Why?

1. Can't be 70-seaters due to NWA scope.

2. Can't be Chicago Express because someone else bought them.

3. Can't be more Avros. Again, NWA scope won't allow it.

4. Can't be more Saabs. Fleet manager said there are none to be found for us, even if they wanted more which they don't due to W and B issues.

5. High amount of hiring of both new hires and instructors, which is going to be two classes a month based on the latest vacancy notice.

6. Hiring more into the Saab, as that will be used to supply CRJ captains.

Why are so many people having a hard time believing that the small jets are on their way?

What if a contract extention and longevity/pay freeze (ala Comair) were presented to the Mesaba group? How do you think that would play out?

I have a hard time believing that Mesaba management would pass up an opportunity to wring some big concessions out of the pilot group. Comair just proved that even the proudest of the proud will hang their heads in shame when presented with an opportunity to get more airplanes.

Nobody believes that new airplanes are coming because XJ has let down the employees so many times. they have cryed wolf, and the employees worked harder then, sorry no planes-- this happened too many times now nobody cares about the company.

The mechanics do there job to the fullest and dont care about the company anymore they just care about the safety of the aircraft and the people that fly them and ride them. The story of meeting our goals will get us aircraft is BS-- If its broke, it is not going period!!!!!!--

They value every life that is on the airplane even if they have not seen them before (ie grandma, kids,ect). Safety is #1,

DoinTime said:
Comair just proved that even the proudest of the proud will hang their heads in shame when presented with an opportunity to get more airplanes.

The Proudest of the proud?? Too high a percetage of those guys did the PFT gig to be overly proud!

This is Northwest management we're dealing with, not Mesaba. Mesaba's MGT is just the puppet. Nothing comes for free when you're dealing with NW.

Looks like we will get a vote after all at least according to the last paragraph:

This is the Mesaba MEC pay day pilot hotline for Friday, April 1,

There continues to be a significant amount of speculation and
questions about the confidential discussions that the MEC and the
Negotiating Committee have had with management. At the time the
confidentiality agreements were signed, we did not anticipate that
it would be this long a period of time in which we could not share
the substance of the discussions with the pilot group.

We understand that it is difficult to know that there are ongoing
discussions that could affect your future and not to be apprised of
what they are. We are under a legal obligation to continue to honor
the terms of the confidentiality agreement, and there are
consequences if it is violated. The entire MEC would much prefer to
keep the pilot group fully apprised, but we are not in a position to
disclose the substance of the information shared by management
at this time. The term of the confidentiality agreement lasts as long
as there are legal reasons to substantiate the information
remaining confidential.

Be assured that if something occurs that requires a change to our
contract, you will be fully briefed, and you will have a vote. Thank