• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba big annoucement imminent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck to you guys...but I'll believe it when i hear it. I distictly remember Mel posting last month about the BIG MESABA ANNOUNCEMENT THIS FRIDAY. Well....

Regardless... I personally wouldn't mind seeing not a single additional CRJ in NWA colors except 700's being driven by northwest pilots. That's my opinion and mine only. Not to mention 9E and mesaba FO's being paid no less than 40,000 a year second year pay.... The regionals need a big turn around in pay and quality of life before I'd like to see anymore 50 seaters floating around.

Last edited:
xjhawk said:
looks like crizz is the expert, even though he obviously did not research the current NWA scope! The CRJ scenerio looks like the most obvious outcome. I hope for the best for all of us, Sorry to rip on criz, but i am sick of all the rediculous rumors, more avros would be great, its a heck of an airplane if NWA used it correctly. I hope Alpa can make us all stronger, without bleeding us lowly regional pilots to protect the coveted mainline pilots...........but i hope they hold strong in some areas.......i hope everyone can keep a good job goodluck all!

Fair enough. But this research you tout is impossible considering not one of us is privy to the missing piece of the puzzle. EVERYTHING is speculation right now.

You honestly think we would hire 200-300 pilots BEFORE a new aircraft even gets on property? I cant swallow that.

Good luck nonetheless.

Crizz said:
You honestly think we would hire 200-300 pilots BEFORE a new aircraft even gets on property? I cant swallow that.

Good luck

20 new hires a month...times 6 months (arrival date of new A/C) = 120.

Where's the 200-300?

"When he says 'Good Luck', you know exactly what he means."

Last edited:
I love these threads---

*MESABA RUMOR
*POSSIBLE MESABA ANNOUNCEMENT
*BIG MESABA NEWS
*MESABA ANNOUNCEMENT IMMINENT
*5% OF MESABA PILOTS KICK THEIR DOGS
*45% OF PINNACLES KICK MESABA PILOTS DOGS
*4 OUT OF 5 MESABA PILOTS RECOMMEND TRIDENT GUM
AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE

MESABA WILL HIRE 4000 PILOTS WITHIN THE NEXT 3 WEEKS FOR THIER 1500 NEW BOEING 737 AND 747S THAT THEY WILL FLY FOR MESA, SKYWEST, NORTHWEST, UNITIED, AEROFLOT, UNCLE FREDS AIR CHARTER, SCENIC AIRWAYS, AND MEXICANA

guys---- havent you gotten the hint yet that in aviaiton it doesnt happen until the planes are on the property and the pilots are trainings.

A CRJ in Mesaba colors in 6-8 months? I don't see a whole new fleet type being cranked up quite that quick. Getting the FAA to sign off on a new training cadre doesn't happen in 6 months, then there's the proving runs. These things don't happen overnight. I've been expecting to here about Mesaba and a Ex-Chicago Express agreement, that's what I thought was in the works, I guess we will all have to continue waiting.

Can Be Done, You Betcha!!!!!!!!!!!

From the day United and ACA signed the papers to the first ACA reveneue flight....

11 Days....

For an established airline like XJ, it could be a lot quicker than six month...
My two cents...

Ok Flybunny, Mesaba inks the deal today and is flying CRJ's in two weeks. I don't know what I was thinking, thanks for straightening me out.

In breaking news, it was reported that the Mesaba Airline's Corporate offices were tragically crushed by large glacier. The event was a terrible blow to the airline since much of the corporate brass were arriving for a eagerly-anticipated announcement regarding growth.

Mel Sharples said:
Within the next 10 days, Mesaba Airlines will announce a deal to fly 35+ 44-seat CRJ's for Northwest Airlines. Deliveries will begin in 6-8 months.

Hiring is being increased on the Saab to offset the losses expected when Saab captains begin to fill CRJ slots. Hiring will continue at 20+ per month throgh at least March of 2006.

Growth is finally here.

How many uprades do you think that would be? My guess is about 170.

It wouldn't be two weeks, but 6 months wouldn't be a long shot. Mesaba already has a jet program. Hand out different books for the classes and walk into a different sim bay. Heck, the airplane has half the motors and is half the size of Mesabas' current jet. The checkride would also take about half the time.

Latest resources

Back