• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba adjusting -900 and SF34 vacancies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think many people have counted Comair out for the 900s from Freedom. My guess is that FREEDOM is getting the 900s. I hear that the judge has told Delta that they had to give the 900s and any other Freedum flying that they took, back to Freedom until he issues a ruling. If in the end the ruling comes out in Delta's favor, watch those airframes go to Comair. I don't think Delta just decided that they don't want to give them to Comair anymore and that they are simply just picking another carrier. I think this was an order by the judge.

All of the XJ ALPA reps have recently signed confidentiality agreements with the company. Everytime that has happend in the past it is due to the company attempting to negotiate a side letter to accomodate additional growth. Growth announcement coming soon.

i can tell you for a fact no alpa person at XJ has signed a agreement at all about anything recently!! that was a odd rumor that someone stated a few weeks ago

Recently heard in the MSP pilot lounge.

FO#1 you gonna upgrade?
FO#2 as soon as I meet ATP mins
FO#1 how much time you got?
FO# 2 1350
FO#1 I'am about the same, but I am gonna hold out for the 900.

Good luck kids!
Sounds like the old G concourse hall when 9E starting getting jets and bringing them to DTW. How things never change.

I am guessing a lot of people are thinking that with all of the rumors that are going around.

Exactly why I spent just enough time in the crew room Monday to get my flight case. The last time I saw that many people in one room speculating on things was at the base closing meeting in CVG.

Sounds like the old G concourse hall when 9E starting getting jets and bringing them to DTW. How things never change.

I was around then. We sure as h#ll didn't have anyone upgrading at ATP mins. In fact, a lot of guys (not counting the street guys of course) had to wait a few years when the SF3 displacement bid came out.

Not as long as the XJ guys I know, but it wasn't really quick. One of my CFI buds upgraded really quick at XJT. He was flying the ATR out of EWR after reaching his ATP mins, so if you can and your company will let you, I say go for it.

Edit: And some of the best CA's I flew with at 9E (yes there are some), were FO's for 5+years.

Last edited:
I was around then. We sure as h#ll didn't have anyone upgrading at ATP mins. In fact, a lot of guys (not counting the street guys of course) had to wait a few years when the SF3 displacement bid came out.

Not as long as the XJ guys I know, but it wasn't really quick. One of my CFI buds upgraded really quick at XJT. He was flying the ATR out of EWR after reaching his ATP mins, so if you can and your company will let you, I say go for it.

Edit: And some of the best CA's I flew with at 9E (yes there are some), were FO's for 5+years.

It wasn't ATP minimums but the upgrade did slide all the way to the bottom of the list in the G concorse days. I remember Joe having a talk with the the new hire about his choice to take AVRO ca and reminded him that he was still on probation.

I think mostly, what many are poking fun at here, is the high and mighty attitude of some new hires because of the ac they were on.

Which brings up a memory of the same.

I was an fo on the saab. The (senior)ca and I went to get lunch in the main concorse at DTW. We ran into some of his friends which were also very senior. A few Dash ca's and one Avro crew. They started talking about the trips they were on and getting very little time to eat. The avro guy smiled and said his first class meal they just had was tasty. The new hire avro fo spouted off about how sick and tired he was at eating the chicken and how the airline should put more choices on the ac! You can imagine that went over like a fart in church. The Dash Ca's proceeded to give him a verbal lashing until the avro ca spoke up and told them to give the fo a break because he just doesn't understand.

Some just don't understand.

Last edited:
just to add fuel to the rumors- has anyone noticed the employment postings at mesaba? rampies-schedulers-dispatchers-instructors and many more posted. add to the rumor that we will be interviewing pilots soon-

advice- do not believe most rumors-last week in the crew room, we were joking about making a rummor about a big announcement-this week it was all the talk in the crewroom-nice! WE WERE ONLY JOKING! but i must admit the increase in stafing (pretty much across the board) is very interesting- not to mention the new sim, all the ground training equipment which was very $$$$$-all when we are suppose to be almost done with deliveries of any AC. I think we are in for more 900's (9's to you new guys). But that is just a hunch-edumecated guess I could say.

Latest resources

Back