• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba adjusting -900 and SF34 vacancies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well 'Dointime' I think we were both right... I was wrong about the number its not 12 its 14 like you mentioned... Its no secret someone is getting those 900's the release goes on to mention that delta intends to have another carrier fly them for delta.....

press release on 8/5 excerpt

Freedom currently operates seven CRJ-900 regional jets for Delta Connection, with a further seven aircraft scheduled to enter service by May 2009. The Company subleases the Aircraft from Delta for $1 per month per aircraft and these aircraft will be returned to Delta in connection with this termination with no further financial obligation to Mesa.

I agree that someone is going to get them. Who is it going to be? Nobody knows and everyones speculation is as good (or bad) as everyone elses.

The Saab is scaring them, Most of us who have been at XJ a few years have been to the SAab, in both seats, but some of the newer ones are scared of the little pink plane that could- Some of the new pilots at XJ do not realize how good they have had it. Some have never seen reserve! They might expect the rest of their career to be the same. I have heard some say they know they are lucky-those are the good ones. The bad ones are the ones who are clueless (holding out for Captain on the 900) or the ones who think they are the new version of chuck Yager-regional airline version. see you in the crewroom!

Classic...let them hold out, hopefully we won't see the wonderkids in the saabs. Matter of fact, we should all continually let them know how terrible the saab is and how wonderful they have it. Maybe they'll continue to stay away. Complain about the Saab-you may save lives! ;)

Well said Raskal, well said. Although the Saab might humble them a little bit, especially with winter coming up.

Recently heard in the MSP pilot lounge.

FO#1 you gonna upgrade?
FO#2 as soon as I meet ATP mins
FO#1 how much time you got?
FO# 2 1350
FO#1 I'am about the same, but I am gonna hold out for the 900.

Good luck kids!

XJ lets you upgrade at ATP mins? Aren't there any company mins? Or pilot contract mins?

D. Minimum Qualifications

1. The only minimum qualifications that shall be established are the following minimum qualifications for upgrade to any Captain position.

a. FAR minimums, and

b. One thousand (1,000) flight hours at the Company or two (2) years of active service (service need not be continuous) at the Company, whichever comes first.

Last edited:
XJ lets you upgrade at ATP mins? Aren't there any company mins? Or pilot contract mins?

Just because one can hold the upgrade at ATP mins or Company mins (3500TT) it Doesn't mean they can be a captain.

Latest resources

Back