• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba adjusting -900 and SF34 vacancies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright, I will respond. I like hearing others have the same attitude about people's attitudes here on FI, grow up. I usually laugh when people get mad and write things which make them look stupid. I would like to say, those that wish others to lose their jobs because they work for a less than liked regional are messed up. Most of us did not get to pick where we worked, we just took the opportunity when we were offered a job. But I must say, something has to be done about the worst regionals-I do not know what.

That being said, XJ has good people, but the bankruptcy was a joke and wrong-but there was nothing we could do about it. We were lucky we came out of it with fairly good work rules. Management had the government behind them-the only reason why we got what we did was there were so many pilots leaving, management had to give us something to keep what we did. I personally think they had a deal in place and realised they lost more than expected so had to give us our work rules. I for one would have left if they took our work rules.

almost done-We have a lot of good people at XJ, new and old. Work still needs to be done about mentoring some of the new pilots. Coming to the training center in shorts? Business casual is easy to accomplish at 6 am. does anyone know more about the delta contract? when will it be published-and what does it mean to us? Scope-flow etc.

good day all,

Some rumors have been substantiated. Company has purchased more sim time at both YUL and DEN, despite having a sim ready soon in MSP.

Alright, I will respond. I like hearing others have the same attitude about people's attitudes here on FI, grow up. I usually laugh when people get mad and write things which make them look stupid. I would like to say, those that wish others to lose their jobs because they work for a less than liked regional are messed up. Most of us did not get to pick where we worked, we just took the opportunity when we were offered a job. But I must say, something has to be done about the worst regionals-I do not know what.

That being said, XJ has good people, but the bankruptcy was a joke and wrong-but there was nothing we could do about it. We were lucky we came out of it with fairly good work rules. Management had the government behind them-the only reason why we got what we did was there were so many pilots leaving, management had to give us something to keep what we did. I personally think they had a deal in place and realised they lost more than expected so had to give us our work rules. I for one would have left if they took our work rules.

almost done-We have a lot of good people at XJ, new and old. Work still needs to be done about mentoring some of the new pilots. Coming to the training center in shorts? Business casual is easy to accomplish at 6 am. does anyone know more about the delta contract? when will it be published-and what does it mean to us? Scope-flow etc.

good day all,

Good Post!

One thing I agree with 110% is the pilot mentoring program. I think 95% of the new pilots that Mesaba has are good people, with good attitudes.

The other 5% are pilots have bad attitudes (to say the least). The list is endless, right seat captains, or just plain ole idiots. It seems one extreme or the other (I realize in the high period of growth we will get some of those) but mentoring will help a lot.

I for one think we are getting those 900's a little birdy who has the inside scope has made it clear to me that, thats the case. Rapid delivery's are coming to mesaba.

If we get the "12 freedom crj900", roughly staffed currently at 8 to 8 1/2 per crj900, that means roughly 100 more spots in the Crj900.

Recently heard in the MSP pilot lounge.

FO#1 you gonna upgrade?
FO#2 as soon as I meet ATP mins
FO#1 how much time you got?
FO# 2 1350
FO#1 I'am about the same, but I am gonna hold out for the 900.

Good luck kids!

The Saab is scaring them, Most of us who have been at XJ a few years have been to the SAab, in both seats, but some of the newer ones are scared of the little pink plane that could- Some of the new pilots at XJ do not realize how good they have had it. Some have never seen reserve! They might expect the rest of their career to be the same. I have heard some say they know they are lucky-those are the good ones. The bad ones are the ones who are clueless (holding out for Captain on the 900) or the ones who think they are the new version of chuck Yager-regional airline version. see you in the crewroom!

WILLIBOB i hope your kidding... thats crazy!!!!

the 12 rj-900 from freedom,, that number came directly from a delta press release

WILLIBOB i hope your kidding... thats crazy!!!!

the 12 rj-900 from freedom,, that number came directly from a delta press release

Freedom had been awarded 14 CRJ-900s, 7 of which have already been delivered.

Latest resources

Back