Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WD Wrote, [/B][/QUOTE]
Then STRIKE!!!! That's what it's there for.
They wanted to but the NMB would not release them. It's that simple. If they waited much longer they would have lost what little leverage they had left.

Now every carrier approaching contract talks is going to have to deal with alter ego because you guys let the wolf into the chicken coop and it ain't going to stop until someone strikes...
You act like no one in the airline industry had ever heard of an "alter-ego" airline before Freedumb. Give me a break. This is one of the first things covered in "airline CEO 101". CEO's use it b/c it's very effective an can only be stopped with the kind of scope that Mesa's pilots now have.

I have looked at your contract and you are not 80% industry level it's more like 66%.
Wrong! Remember we are talking regional average not the best vs.. the worst. And even in that case it's not 66%. Can you prove me wrong?

I want to address one more issue. I am sick of all the ACA guys trying to stick there recent furloughs on Mesa's new contract. The fact is and everyone at ACA knows these furloughs have to do with the BK of United and there unwillingness to confirm your contract. This lead to lenders (and ACA mgmt) to slow or stop RJ deliveries. Without these RJ's they didn't need they extra pilots they were carrying to fly these planes. None of this has to do with Mesa or there contract. IF UNITED HAD CONFIRMED ACA'S CONTRACT NONE OF THIS WOULD BE HAPPENING TODAY! I'm sorry to here about the furlough's but lets place the blame where it belongs. -Bean

mullet said:
Sorry got_paranoia, I was only asking. Remember the Message Board called FLIGHT"INFO".com!!!!

How is "INFO" as in finding out about an airline the same as telling me what to do? Is there only one true way to think when it comes to the airlines? Is there only one right airline and the rest are heretics? Sounds like your religion to me. I am afraid the biggest mouths on this board have no life outside the airlines. Get a hobby man.

Wiskey Driver said:
Ok San Juan since you did ask for me in your post.

1st. You guys should have never allowed a whipsaw to be used as a bargining tool. I am sure you are aware of the republic deal now, because the mind set is if it worked for mesa it will work for us.

2nd. You should have demanded that ALL FREEDOM PILOTS BE LET GO AS A RESULT OF SIGNING THE CONTRACT. That message alone would have been heard and felt around the world that any pilot willing to work for a company thru an alter ego would be placing his own career at risk.

3rd. Demand what ACA, Skywest and us are earning to fly the same equipment.

4th. Tell USair that there is no super seniority everyone starts at the bottom. When times change again and the hiring starts will you be able to go to USAir with your seniority and make that years pay???? He11 no??

Give us a break. Armchair quarterbacking is so easy to do. Again, I said it before, I hope none of you ever have to go through a work action in this environment. Only then can you know. Shoulda coulda woulda. You sound like such an expert.

Wiskey Driver said:
JD,

Then STRIKE!!!! That's what it's there for.

So simple huh? You own any firearms? Then you might know that you never take out the ultimate weapon unless you are ready to use it with extreme prejudice. It is not so easy to strike.

That being said, Mesa may have gotten a 99% strike vote that doesn't mean we can! Did you take Airline industry in flight school? Any idea what the NMB or RLA is or a 30 day cooling off period? You need to get a few things from the federal government before you take down a transportation system. This president want going to let it happen. I back what he is doing in Iraq but he would have never risk US and HP by letting YV strike.

I love these simple explanations to complex situations. It reminds me so much of conspiracy theorists and cultists. Get an education.

Got Jumpseat,

I see you have forgotton that we (AWAC) went to the eleventh hour in our contract talks. I see that you had no idea that we were ready to strike if it came to that, I see that you forgot 100% of us were ready to strike, I see that you forgot that Comair DID strike just a few months before we started our cooling off. In fact do you have any memories at all??? I know for sure one memory you will never forget and that is the time you and 78% of your co-workers gave up the farm and helped other companies start the same. You should be proud of yourself.

MCKPICKLE take over...

WD.

WD, did you forget we had an alter ego? Did you forget that JO was perfectly wiling to shut down the airline? What good is a strike when the company is doomed?? Ask a CCAIR pilot. Ask an aspen, crown, liberty express, desert sun, or air LA pilot what they thought about mesa shuttign them down.

now address the alter ego situation. You didnt have one.

Pre-911 brah. what else you got?

Wiskey Driver said:
Got Jumpseat,

I see you have forgotton that we (AWAC) went to the eleventh hour in our contract talks. I see that you had no idea that we were ready to strike if it came to that, I see that you forgot 100% of us were ready to strike, I see that you forgot that Comair DID strike just a few months before we started our cooling off. In fact do you have any memories at all??? I know for sure one memory you will never forget and that is the time you and 78% of your co-workers gave up the farm and helped other companies start the same. You should be proud of yourself.

MCKPICKLE take over...

WD.

got_jumpseat? said:
Pre-911 brah. what else you got?

You know what, I am sick and tired of hearing that Sept 11 is the cause of all of this. The fact of the matter is it is not... Do some research into history young man!! You may find that airlines, historically only have two good years per decade, the yr 2000 marked five and that was really unheard of since the jet boom of the sixties. Research and hit me later with what you find.

WD.

jetdriven said:
WD, did you forget we had an alter ego? Did you forget that JO was perfectly wiling to shut down the airline? What good is a strike when the company is doomed?? Ask a CCAIR pilot. Ask an aspen, crown, liberty express, desert sun, or air LA pilot what they thought about mesa shuttign them down.

now address the alter ego situation. You didnt have one.

Ok I will grant you that because it was and is written into our contract, but tell me this if JO was doing all of that and a strike as you put it would have benefited him then why does he even need you now?? Why do you have a job at all since it was all too obvious he was willing to replace you with scabs?????????????? It appears by you post that he really didn't and doesn't need the mesa people so why I ask are you still working??????

WD.

Latest resources

Back