• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would anyone go to Mesa for $22.00/hr? RAH will be paying 30.00 and the lowest second year pay is $41.00.

Why would anyone go to Mesa for $22.00/hr? RAH will be paying 30.00 and the lowest second year pay is $41.00.

Quite possible that this will be a problem for Mesa. However I believe a lot about the RAH TA is still yet to be seen, and it hasn't been passed by the pilot group yet. Also keep in mind that MAG is in negotiations right now as well.

Hopefully competition for pilots at the regional level will finally give a reason for these FFD carriers to raise pay rates.

Quite possible that this will be a problem for Mesa. However I believe a lot about the RAH TA is still yet to be seen, and it hasn't been passed by the pilot group yet. Also keep in mind that MAG is in negotiations right now as well.

Hopefully competition for pilots at the regional level will finally give a reason for these FFD carriers to raise pay rates.

I think I did read that they have cancellation pay in the new TA, if you couple that with some decent work rules, it might be a good deal. However, having travelled this road before I think I would be cautiously optimistic.
Mesa will be the place where the real line in the sand needs to be drawn...

and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.....

OMGosh Rene you are on cloud 9 at Mesa. How much kool aid did you drink? Mesa has always, I repeat, always had a staffing problem with growth. They will have a heck of a time staffing with all this new growth. Wake up buddy. Look around. Mesa finally got these 9 900's staffed late last year and they got the last one online back in July 2013. JRA's were crazy in July/August. Were you on Leave from Mesa? The other regionals already have better pay then Mesa, and the E175 operation will be a mess with newly upgraded FO's flying with brand new FO's and FA's dealing with a brand new ground crews, etc., it has been like this over and over and over at Mesa. We get a contract, fly it, then lose it because of poor staffing/quality. These new FO's we are hiring can barely fly. So good luck with all your pro-mesa is great stuff...

Last edited:

If you are short sighted enough to base your decision on where you want to be on the first and second year FO pay, you have alot to learn. You might as well pick the company that has the best uniforms. There is only one relevant consideration at a regional carrier = how quickly will you upgrade. Nothing else matters. It is what will control your attractiveness to your next job. Flame on all you like but I am 100% right on this.

That wasn't "flame bait" it was rhetorical question. I've already upgraded, downgraded, been through a Ch. 11. Thank you for you sage wisdom...AND, I venture the upgrade time at RAH will be just as fast at Mesa...

Last edited:
And, the vicious cycle continues...Those mainline jobs are finite, and far more applicants eligible for hire than seats to fill...Pilot shortage at legacies is a myth.

Uhhhhh 15,000 retirements scheduled within the next decade for the big 3 legacies alone. Then throw in all of the other airlines like the LCCs. Nope, not a myth, a mathematical certainty.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I wouldn't disagree with those numbers, but I don't think there will be a surplus of pilots for those seats.

Latest resources

Back