Mesa will waive wake turb...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetBlack01 said:
If they were already blocked out how were they going to time out? What happened to legal to start legal to finish.

We hashed this one out at AWAC once. Lets say we have 3 hours of duty left. Our flight is blocked at 2:20 and no delays anticipated its ok. If there is any anticipated delays wx, groundstops, long departure lines, etc which would put us over our duty by the time we block in we must take it upon ourselves to inform the company and return to gate. (with pay of course)

Thanks XJohn & BSailing

Thanks for the recurrent on duty times. I was thinking more about flight times than I was duty. Its been a long time since I had to worry about getting close to 16 hours of duty.

JB

lookin4better said:
who knows if this is true......however....1-2000 jet PIC or not.....these super young CAs are more apt to do dangerous stuff.....its really that simple....they havent had the sh%t scared out of them yet( or maybe they just dont care) ......so they are going to do it with 50 pax on board........sad and really stupid.. at ORD a few weeks back a younger CRJ crew ( you could tell by the stupid radio convo) was begging to depart when ALL southbound departures were closed off......saying

" we just came from that way.......its not that bad.....can we try it out?"

I was shocked!!!! I couldnt help but to key the mic and comment on " im glad my family isnt on there!"

I've heard AA and Ual many times in ORD volunteer to be the "pathfinder" in fact once I was in the jumpseat and a UAL crew had a duty time problem and did just that.

JetBlack01 said:
Its been a long time since I had to worry about getting close to 16 hours of duty.

JB

Unfortunately, when the company routinely builds you to 14 hour duty days, with not too unusuall extensions to 15 hours, we have to think about it fairly often, especially on stormy days. (We get paid either way, too....)

AvroJockey said:
ATC won't let pilots waive Small/Large-behind-Heavy wake turb seperation limits.

They seem not to mind too much in IAH. They cleared me for takeoff behind a 767-400 immediatly after it lifted off, (we were getting into position) and it did not appear to be fully loaded. I asked for more time and tower had us clear the runway...Oh well I get paid by the hour, not by amount of risks taken.

Anywho..cheers fellas :beer: The wife and kids are out of town and I'm in town. Thats the last of the computer for me today.

ah c'mon guys, give these poor mesa pilots a break. They are just trying to help out JO and the company. Its kind of like a battered wife or the stockhom syndrome. Cut em all some slack.

This shows a lack of knowledge. It also shows how the Captain does not have the time and smarts to be a Captain.

Get used to this. I think with the direction the regionals are heading you will see a lot of the unprofessional becoming Captains and FOs.

I plan on being out before it gets real dangerous.

For example, most new pilots I fly with now have less then 1,000TT.

I feel like I am flight instructing again.

Latest resources

Back