Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8HourPilot said:
Come to ORD.....
I've had frequent visits to ORD throughout my career (135 and 121), and have never run into this problem. If there is one, then reading the AIM must be optional for controllers in ORD! It specifically states that controllers can't reduce or waive wake turbulance separation requirements, they need to give you 2 min or 5 miles for takeoff (4 miles for 757). Additionally, if crew asks for 2 minutes, they must give it to them.

av8er2 said:
For example, most new pilots I fly with now have less then 1,000TT.

I feel like I am flight instructing again.

I see a lot of guys complaining about this (online only, never at work), I dont know, maybe it is real bad. But I need to see some concrete examples of this. Are you actually teaching someone how to properly execute a x-wind landing, set up an approach, etc?

You captains gotta remember that this is what you signed up for. You knew of this before you signed on for the job. Being a captain means part of your job will be mentoring the FO's to become decent captains someday. Now before everyone craps on me, I do agree there is a line to be drawn. Someone shouldnt have to be teaching the basics over and over again on a daily basis, i.e how to enter a hold or something along those lines. But a little guidance from time to time is just part of the gig. Remember, someone did it for YOU when YOU were green.

Ive heard pleeenty of stories about FO's that captains absolutely hated to fly with (in terms of flying abilities), and they were the supposedly higher time ones. You can probably gather I got my first shot at a turbine gig with lower flight time as well.

Guys, I know what the "rules of thumb" say. I know the winds can be this and at this many knots, etc. BUT, wait atleast 3 minutes when taking off behind a heavy! Mother nature doesn't care about these rules of thumb. Remember the AA crash at JFK? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that was 4 minutes plus those guys in the bus departed after that heavy!:rolleyes:

sabreliner said:
Heading out to the runway the other night, heard a Mesa crew telling the tower they were about to time out. Tower helped out by moving them up behind a heavy DC-8 to get them out sooner. Mesa as they were taking the runway offered to waive the wake turb delay to make sure they didn't time out. Tower said no.

Does this bother anyone else? Seems to me I'd rather time out and go back to the gate rather than time out for good. Poor decision making.

More fight info lies.....Nice of you to come here and spread lies to belittle a pilot group that you couldnt get hired.

Don't you have to endorse a students logbook so he can do his first solo?

Anyone else think the fact that the poster made sure to state that it was a MESA flight and link it to duty-limits, that perhaps this is flame? I mean... we all know that everything posted on here is true. I tend to think this is B.S. anyway...

Kinda like the one about the Pinnacle captain requesting Type IV anti-ice because there is freezing conditions up at 290. Just more BS.

Kinda like the one about the Pinnacle captain requesting Type IV anti-ice because there is freezing conditions up at 290. Just more BS.[/quote]

If only it was B.S..........Then I could ride on 9E or even possibly put my family on them. If only....

xjcaptain said:
If only it was B.S..........Then I could ride on 9E or even possibly put my family on them. If only....
If only you could stop your constant biitching about 9E..........Then maybe you also could stop blaming 9E for Mesaba's fallout........ If only.....:bawling:

No, Mesa does not have CX pay if you time out. We also don't get paid if we get CX'd due to WX. If you happen to have this problem in your domicile, then you also get to pay for your own hotel that night (as is seems that most people commute). We have no duty rigs, and we get paid only the segment time. So, on those 1 hour taxis for a flight from ORD to Ft. Wayne (30min flight) we get that 45 minutes of segment time (or whatever it is). Sweet.

By the way, they can't hire enough guys to work here. If you like daily contract violations and a website where the first thing you see is the smiling face of our "friendly" CEO....come join the party.

Latest resources

Back