• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
congratulations

Enjoy your 8 days off on reserve
Enjoy your 10 days off holding a line
Enjoy your whopping $1.15 per diem
Enjoy giving your vacation and sick time for jury duty

You guys should be proud!!!

Keep that KY handy because it will be a long six years, you know how long it take to negotiate a contract.

enjoy the upcoming furlough ACABlueridge, its that mentality that is one cause in all of the airline problems these days.

Keep pushing for those higher wages though!! What a bunch of liberal nonsense. These posts show as much greed as Steven Wolf raping the USAir cash stockpiles.

http://www.harvard.edu

You all need to take business classes and understand. FYI, even mgmt at CCAir thought JO was a major cork-sucker, so pilots don't have the monopoly.

Where was the "brotherhood" for CCAir as they went without pay for 1 1-2 yrs? Where is the "brotherhood" with Delta and AA jumping in on USAir routes at Reagan? Where is the "brotherhood" with Comair not allowing Delta furloughs fly @ Comair?

I would imagine most that voted yes, need the money to pay bills and support their families. I'm sure they do not think it is the best thing, but at least they will be back to work.

When times are good, ALPA just slid the the new TA's towards mgmt. You guys are just pissed cause now mgmt has the ammo to do the same.

Last edited:
The end of complaining is at hand. No more whining. No more shin
kicking. The right to complain just evaporated, 77% to 23%. No more
bitching about ANYTHING concerning Quality of life. No more bitching
about the "leadership" more prone to impregnating young girls, than
looking out for YOU! (400,00 thousand reasons) Your jumpseat
privilages GONE! I do not want to here ONE **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ING WORD about 6 days
on, 24 hrs off and another 6 days on. Debby Miles can now proudly
say "If you don't like it, grieve it" No more whining about 6 day,
18hr trips. No more BITCHING at all. Not about about pay, poverty,
lousey per diem or the taste of government cheese.....Shut the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**
up....The only mechanism to fix all the drudgery that came with
being the botton feeders on QOL and pay, has crashed on the rocks of
scope. The fear factor won...it has spoken and apparently the 77%
want the life of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, I can live with the cumulative consequences
of that vote....until I leave....in the mean time... It is this....
SHUT THE **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** UP! I don't care if crew tracking hasn't called AGAIN
about your cancelled trip, and tour wasted time...SHUT UP! I don't
care about you not seeing your kids birthdays..AGAIN! Shut the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**
up! I don't care if you need time off for a funeral or graduation or
anything else SHUT THE **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** UP! I am now limiting myself to telling
folks to shut the **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** up. QOL is not a managment priority, and
never has been. You have NO reason to complain because Adam
Wilensky and his private pilots license are now ruling your life for
the next 7 years....4.5 PLUS at least 2 years for "negotiating".
Anyone this stupid deserves to enrichen those who own the stock.
Today I BOT 5000 share of MESA. I did my part, I used to think it
was blood money...but I am cashing in on the fears of the
masses....I may buy more....this is like stealing candy from a
baby....BTW JO, congrats on the victory, I though we had more balls
than you had bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**...;)

Compared to 7 year old Skyway contract

Just to compare the mesa deal to our old contract.

We get 10 days off, regardless of month length....

The 19 seat pay rate we agreed to in 1997 is just PENNIES below what you guys agreed to last week.....

The 32 seat jet compared to the big turboprop pay, we make about $5 more an hour.....

50 seat to 50 seat, very close, very close....

The sh!ttly thing is we're in negotiations RIGHT NOW, next week when we're with the National Mediation Board, staring our soul-less management in the face. Guess what their gonna slide across the table. THE MESA TA!!!

How can we ask for anything when a company 10 times our size, agrees to less pay, less days off, longer days than we have
RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys,
If you're MEC said this as good as it'll get, I really sorry to hear that...
-THUNDERCHIEF

Last edited:
enjoy the upcoming furlough ACABlueridge

Citation Lover

It saddens me to see that any fellow pilot is rubbing someones nose in the news of a potential furlough. These pilots didn't get to vote on any fulough unlike the Mesa pilots and there crappy contract.

Maybe a few more years in the industry and a lot more flight time and you will get a clue.

As for the Harvard link and your sharp wit that must be where you got your degree.

CitationLover-GROW UP!

enjoy the upcoming furlough ACABlueridge, its that mentality that is one cause in all of the airline problems these days.

Thats a pretty horrible thing to say. I wouldn't wish that upon ANY person in the industry. I have lots of friends at ACA and I know that some of them are going to be furloughed. People like you show me how not to be in this industry...Grow up!

flyinhard,

unfortunately that is the point, all of these posters need to grow up. where is the outrage at all these posters wanting to keep ccair/usair pilots furloughed?

Hey CitationLover,

Looking at your profile, I would have to assume that you have NO idea what you are talking about. You apparently have never set foot in an airline cockpit and therefore are speaking with an uneducated tongue. Get a year at a regional airline and I can GUARANTEE that your opinions will change. This Mesa deal sucks. We just entered into out LAST week of negotiations before getting released for our 30 day cooling off. I am certain that this will screw things up even more. One thing is for sure, all of my fellow Great Lakes pilots are ready to walk off the job...even it means going out of business. Mesa should have had the same mentality!

Fly Safe

It is pretty clear that the MESA pilots have decided to advance their careers by being the lowest cost regional carrier. They will do this at the expense of Skywest, AWA, ACA, and all of the AAA WO's. That is a business decision they made, and that is the way this business works.

If they did this because of the state of the economy and the industry, then why sign a 5 year contract? How about 2 or 3 years.

I will not judge their decision until I see what we at ASA might have to take in our next contract. Some of you would be wise to think the same way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back