• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA TA passes 78%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm genuinely disappointed that Mesa pilots were not able to see the shortcomings of this agreement and the damage that it will do for the rest of the regional segment. Additionally, I'm concerned by your lack of self worth.

Thank you to all of those who voted no. There are honorable men amongst the thieves.

I've been stayin out of this as much as I can but I could'nt resist this one part.

In Dru's last paragraph he says this,"have everything moved over to Freedumb (non-union and cheap labor)".

Dru if I'm not mistaken did'nt Freedom have a "more lucrative" contract than Mesa. And if so, why could'nt the Mesa pilots at least have tried to come up to Freedoms level?

Now keep in mind I do not know for a "Fact" that Freedom was getting more than Mesa, it was posted here a while back somewhere, so I'm not 100% sure that that was the case. If anyone can shed some light on that question I would love to know the answer.

And if it is indeed true then I think there are some real credibility issues about the MEC at Mesa and the lack of knowledge of the portion of the pilot group that voted this thing in.

Dru....

We ALL have to deal with an "alter ego" airline now, and that airline is MESA!! Not only do we have to face our companies demanding we accept such a sh!tty Mesa type contract, we all have to sit by and watch as Mesa moves in and gobbles up flying that has historically done by us! This has been done to PSA, ALG, and PDT for years! Do you think your MEC did not know this? Of course they did! I find it unbelievable that you all would accept such poor quality of life issues! How can you guys have lives, or feed your families! I would not want to do this job if it meant only 8 days off, as much as we are away from home in this job! And a guy that commutes to his base may only be home 5 or 6 nights per month! HOLY CRAP! I cant believe you guys would WANT to hold onto a job like that that badly! Maybe it was time to tell JO to go pound! Well, I guess not!

RE RE RE Got an idea

Surplus 1

You really are clueless. Delta's pilot contract allows a percentage of flying to be done by the DCI carriers. It is the Delta pilots flying that has been negotiated to allow DCI to do some of this flying. You are right about that. However, Delta management decides who will do that flying. If Comair/ASA negotitated scope for themselves they could protect that flying so that it doesn't get outsourced to someone else and you guys would get the max block hours and percentages allowed. Or Delta can add some more DCI carriers like they did with Chataqua. Thats what ultimately prevents your growth and therefore limits your careers. Not Delta pilot scope and your deathwish to eliminate scope clauses from the industry. How has Delta pilot scope limited your career? When you went to Comair did you expect to fly anything bigger than a RJ. Did you expect to make $200,000 a year? Delta has not limited your career at Comair. You have. If you wanted to fly bigger airplanes and make more money apply to a major airline. Don't litigate your way into a better job. Am I wrong that Chataqua is now a Delta Connection Carrier? Do you think that ACA may start getting some more of Delta's flying down the road? Does ASA and Comair have any say in this or can you prevent this from happening? NO! You guys need your own scope to keep Delta mgmt. from outsourcing what flying should be yours and keep it from going to the ACA, Mesa, and the Chitaqua's. Enlighten me **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** for brains. Stop trying to destroy the professsion RJDC supporter and put those efforts into protecting and preserving our profession.

Re: Got an idea

Flack said:
Maybe the scumbags at ASA/Comair who support the RJDC can also find a way to sue Mesa ALPA for "limiting their careers". I hope Delta doesn't jump on the band wagon and start handing over flying to the Mesa whorehouse. But hey, why not, ASA and Comiar have no scope to protect their own flying. There is nothing that prevents Delta from doing this. Scope is a dirty word, right. Yeah, until it furloughs pilots and parks airplanes or defers deliveries at your airline and you watch the flying go to someone else. Isn't this why the Skywest and ACA pilots are bitching about Mesa? I hope the idiots involved with the RJDC start seeing the big picture. Mainline is not the enemy. We have not limited your careers. The fight you need to be in is the one that gets you scope and protects your flying before your growth comes to a halt as well. You need to place all that ill-conceived will where it should be directed. NOT MAINLINE. You would have no job if it wasn't for mainline. Face it, if you didn't have mainline's tit to suck off you would starve to death. Focus all you efforts on the real problems. What comes around, goes around. Aint unity a beautiful thing.

Actually, MESA cannot fly for DCI thanks to DAL scope, which will not allow code share (without DALPA approval) with airlines that operated aircraft that exceed 70 seats. Since MESA operates 90 seat RJ's for America West, we at Comair and ASA are safe (for now) from MESA.

I just have a couple of questions for the Mesa guys here...

Why was Freedom flying "yours?" Were any 50 seaters or props being parked to be replaced with 70/90 seaters? I guess I really don't understand the claim to something you never posessed.

Why do you think that your scope is "rock solid?" Because ALPA told you? ALPA told me that MidAtlantic represents career opportunity.

Why do reserves only get 8 days off a month...why feed the junior guys to the wolves. I would say 10 is a absolute minimum.
Not just me...but most reasonable contracts...just a question.

Just curious...

Beavis said:
Dru....

Do you think your MEC did not know this?

I cant believe you guys would WANT to hold onto a job like that that badly!

First off, I do not fly for Mesa - I left Mesa. I left for several reasons including the low pay and poor QOL. Please to not make assumptions about who for or where I work.

Secondly, as it's obvious you do not fly for Mesa, how could you even begin to understand the decision making process the Mesa pilots individually had to go through to vote the way they did? It is very easy for all of us, on all sides with differing opinions (myself included) to speculate, to say how we would have done things, etc. If we were each in their shoes, I would bet that the deicisions we would have made would be extremely more difficult than ranting on a website and most likely very different than what we all rant about.

AceCrackshot said:
Why was Freedom flying "yours?" Were any 50 seaters or props being parked to be replaced with 70/90 seaters? I guess I really don't understand the claim to something you never posessed.

For every 70 and soon 90 seater delivered to Freedumb, America West was replacing a 50 seater at Mesa. One for one. That is why it is Mesa's flying. Again, it is amazing how much you guys bitch without knowing the facts. -Bean

Kind of like Mesa Dash 8s replacing Piedmont Dashes in FL and flying the same routes...then PDT parks aircraft and furloughs pilots...
Yeah, Bean, I guess I do know what you mean about people bitching without knowing the facts.

I'm shocked...

I just got access to a computer and learned Mesa voted yes to the TA.

I for one voted no. While I'm proud to be on military leave to serve my country, I am feeling pretty sad about being an employee at Mesa.

When I get back home, I'm going to press hard to get as much time with my unit in the Army Reserves. I can't stand to continue to work the schedule Mesa has for our flight crews. As well as the way they treat us.

In the meantime... Go Army. Although my quality of life, pay, etc. isnt much to brag about right now (in the military)... at least I'm doing something I believe in.

Regarding my Mesa situation, I have a bad taste in my mouth, It's only a matter of time before I send in my letter of resignation. Hopefully, I may (some day) get a job at Netjets, Flight Options, Air Whisky, Air Tran, or ASA. I just want an opportunity to do my job the best that I can and be treated professionally.

To every one on this post, I want to say I'm sorry how this TA turned out. I, for one don't get it... scope and CCair? CCair fell on their sword for something they believed in. In my opinion the folks that voted yes to this TA, just twisted that very sword. CCair lived and died for pay and QOL. The folks that voted yes on this TA said too bad... this is all you get.

As for Freedom and the scope issue... Propaganda.

I'm getting sick in the stomach.

Anyway... God Bless you all. When I get home and I need a ride somewhere... if you deny me a jump seat, I'll understand... and no hard feelings.

Ranch'r

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back