• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA strikes again- Jet blast injuries at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure it's inexperience that causes these guys to gun it out of the gate. I bet it has something to do with being paid scheduled block, though. When you know you're getting paid by the minute you are far more likely to take your time.

I'm not sure it's inexperience that causes these guys to gun it out of the gate. I bet it has something to do with being paid scheduled block, though. When you know you're getting paid by the minute you are far more likely to take your time.

Good point. Your are not in a hurry to get to your destination...

When I've been at ORD, I can't remember how many times I've been unfortunate to be behind one of those idiots in the alley and when he gets his taxi clearance, proceeds to jam the thrust levers up blasting everything behind him in a swirl of dust and fod.

You can tell way too much thrust is used because the airplane rapidly accelerates to an excessive taxi speed screeching around the corner. You can almost see the F/A tumbling down the isle thru the windows.

I've concluded most of them aren't pilots but "airplane operators"............ham-fisted punks.

You'd think the F/O's would say something, but I guess 500 hours, a backpack and an ipod don't help.

With over 5,000 hours, NO backpack, and no 'ipod', didn't quite help the Delta pilot from a tail strike either.

Bunny

Why would I need a CFII to be an effective Airline Transport Pilot?

Because someone on this board had to get hers and it took a long time, after YEARS of instruction, to finally secure an airline job.

Since it was not easy for them, why should it be easy for you?

With over 5,000 hours, NO backpack, and no 'ipod', didn't quite help the Delta pilot from a tail strike either.

Bunny

Are you referring to the one that was doing an auto land and had a short final autopilot failure that tried to put the airplane in the line of airplanes sitting on the taxiway? The one which in the process of recovering the airplane from a sudden failure and getting it back on the runway the pilot had a tail strike? Is that the one?

If so, then well yes, I can see how that is just like some goober ham fisting the throttles during taxi and hurting people. Why its eerie how the two events are similar!

You can tell way too much thrust is used because the airplane rapidly accelerates to an excessive taxi speed screeching around the corner. You can almost see the F/A tumbling down the isle thru the windows.

I've concluded most of them aren't pilots but "airplane operators"............ham-fisted punks.

You'd think the F/O's would say something, but I guess 500 hours, a backpack and an ipod don't help.

LOL:laugh:

......I gotta agree....if they would have enough common sense to realize they arent flying a Seneca anymore and flying ACUTAL people around. They are really a bunch of inexperienced pilots and it shows......I would never get on one of their planes and will tell anyone in ear shot to do the same.

It doesn't matter what kind of airplane it is, this is completely unacceptable! Haven't you heard of minimum breaking thrust? Should have been taught to you before you soloed!

Some Pinnacle captians used to do this all the time when doing single engine taxis...tis very upsetting!

Last edited:
Not that I really want to defend the lowtime mesa guys.. but I got blasted by Fedex one morning a few years back.. everyone can screw up regardless of total time or payscale.

I was a ramper for 6 years before I flew 121 and I have been blasted by every airline that flew into our airport (Class B). Because it's Mesa it just makes everybody's day on here. It shouldn't of happened regardless of which airline it was.

Not that I really want to defend the lowtime mesa guys.. but I got blasted by Fedex one morning a few years back.. everyone can screw up regardless of total time or payscale.

haha.

It's not an issue of "screwing up". It's not only about common sense, but also about obeying your specific company's training manual.
All 121 pilots know how much thrust it takes to get their specific aircraft moving from the ramp.
Any pilot using takeoff thrust for example just to get moving from the ramp is simply an being an impatient a$$hole. He's not screwing up, he know's exactly how far he's pushing up those thrust levers; he just dosen't give a $hit who or what is behind him.

Also, I wouldn't worry about getting blasted by a barbie jet. That's the equivelent of your wife turning her hair dryer on in your face

Latest resources

Back