MESA strikes again- Jet blast injuries at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why the link?

What's the significance of the FAA link? I suppose if somebody is trying to say SKYW is a major ORD prolblem, perhaps they should look at the chart again: 1) There are no locations listed, so to imply it and ORD connection is ridiculous--ORD ASSESS does not denote O'Hare, but rather outcome; 2) The gamut of those SKYW infractions involved record keeping, not operations; 3) What's the deal with no fine for SKYW, unless the first $49k speaks to all incidences as combined, as alluded? 4) Ouch, $2.5m in latest reported quarter courtesy of AMR; 5) How can the FAA be perpetually underfunded with that kind of additional income?

Last edited:
No big suprise.... I got jet blasted by mesa's ERJ-145 in DCA on the commuter ramp while doing the walk around.

Do those 145's need that much power to turn around? Always wondered why those aircraft get so reved up just to turn in the commuter ramp.

The CRJ turns just find with minimal speed and power at idle.

No surprise there. They aren't block or better. They are always in a hurry to try to under block and "screw the company." They always look like they are going to rotate when taxiing in ORD.

I was in a Southwest jumpseat the other day and after pushback the CA moved both thrust levers to T/O power then back to idle to get the plane moving. Wonder if anyone got jet blasted? Anyways, glad we weren't taking off a 3500 ft rwy or landing on a short rwy, in a snow storm, with a talewind.

No surprise there. They aren't block or better. They are always in a hurry to try to under block and "screw the company." They always look like they are going to rotate when taxiing in ORD.

How does arriving under block time screw the company? Going under time only screws the pilots because it shortens the six-month-average segment times upon which Mesa pay is predicated. And if you're not taxiing as if you're trying to get somewhere in ORD, you'll eventually feel the wrath of a ground controller... "Enter the 32R Pad and don't say anything until I get back to you."

There is a difference between taxiing like you are going someplace and taxiing as if you are about to rotate in ORD. If Mesa underblocks they are getting payed for more time then they actually flew. Hence, it's more along the lines of block or better like all the rest of us get. I would be hurrying also if I was a Mesa pilot under these circumstances.

If Mesa underblocks they are getting payed for more time then they actually flew. Hence, it's more along the lines of block or better like all the rest of us get. I would be hurrying also if I was a Mesa pilot under these circumstances.

To reiterate, shorter block times produce shorter segment times which equal less pay. Trust me. I'm a Mesa pilot. No one here is taxiing quickly to pull a fast one on the company. If there is any hurrying going on, and I think any perceived hurrying is only a recent illusion (I've seen everyone set land speed records on taxiways at ORD), it's simply to get somewhere because we're in the business of moving airplanes and nothing more.

To reiterate, shorter block times produce shorter segment times which equal less pay. Trust me. I'm a Mesa pilot. No one here is taxiing quickly to pull a fast one on the company. If there is any hurrying going on, and I think any perceived hurrying is only a recent illusion (I've seen everyone set land speed records on taxiways at ORD), it's simply to get somewhere because we're in the business of moving airplanes and nothing more.

I understand what you are saying and it does make sense. Your pilot group must have different views on this then. I've spoken with a Mesa pilot jumpseating on one of my flights and he stated that yes, you guys do try to underblock since you only receive segment pay.

......I gotta agree....if they would have enough common sense to realize they arent flying a Seneca anymore and flying ACUTAL people around. They are really a bunch of inexperienced pilots and it shows......I would never get on one of their planes and will tell anyone in ear shot to do the same.

to call it an airshow is an insult to skilled pilots who work airshows......its more like a circus with kids who just got their license and are giddy they are in a jet.....( glosssy eyed kid with his sunglasses on his forehead dreaming how one day he will fly that 777 in front of him after he destroys that company too)

;-) I feel for the people that got hurt but am happy that there are 2 less Mesa morons out there to hurt anyone else.

After your comments, you fly a CRJ, who do you fly for? I hope not for a company that shuts down engines inflight or switches seats in flight or takes off of wrong runways. Safety?

hey United!!! How's That Whole "let's Replace Awac With Cheaper Feed" Thing Working Out?

ha Ha Ha!!!

S!

Hey colgan guy, didn't you replace SkyWest in IAH for cheaper feed? Hows that working out CO?

Last edited:
The hallmark of the regional pilot mentality is this thread.

How embarrassing.

Latest resources

Back