• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa shuts down another one

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is industry sucks. All of us in some way have been scorned by the aviation industry and if you say you haven't you're either lying or too young to have had it yet. The main problem is pilots; NOT ALL PILOTS, are "predatory." For some reason there are enough of those types of pilots that will schit on the industry and fellow pilots to try and further their career. The problem being that the schit he just took will ripple through the industry and eventually fall back on his head in some way. When all pilots finally realize this, meaning don't take schit azz wages for a pilot job, pay your dues to become a professional pilot (instructing, freight, renting an a/c for flight time), don't undercut someones seniority, etc, etc, we will be able to take back our industry from management scum.

There should be one pilot list you are automatically put on upon completion of your commercial pilot rating. Your career abilities fall on the quality of your total time and this list.

JO is a big piece of schit for taking advantage of numskull pilots who would sell their young.

Last edited:
jetpilot007 said:

There should be one pilot list you are automatically put on upon completion of your commercial pilot rating. Your career abilities fall on total time and this list.

Thereby taking the ability of private companies from having any say in the hiring process. Da comrade!

For example . . . company wants to hire a pilot with 2000hrs of CRJ time, but instead has to hire some putz CFII with 2001 hrs of quailty C152 instructor time.

Brilliant.

jetpilot007 said:
When all pilots finally realize this, meaning don't take schit azz wages for a pilot job, pay your dues to become a professional pilot (instructing, freight, renting an a/c for flight time), don't undercut someones seniority, etc, etc, we will be able to take back our industry from management scum.

Well, what's option B?

Because that will never happen... No way, ever! Most pilots = type A personality = think mostly of themselves first, I mean, ONLY!

Is there then no hope on the horizon? If the positive changes we need in our industry have to come from us... geeezzz... I'd better find a new career...

You're right....maybe you should find a different profession. Hell I'm looking to get out of this schit too! Most pilots are indeed the most selfish people on the earth.

jetpilot007 said:
JO is a big piece of schit for taking advantage of numskull pilots who would sell their young.

I like them young... I like Neal too. Tro it in!

El Ocho said:
During which period was there a good cycle at Mesa?

I can't remember reading that life was ever good there....

Sorry, didn't mean to infer that it has ever cycled up at Mesa. Just more of a cycle of Mesa dragging others down. I guess the response should have been "What comes around, goes around."

Huh?

miles otoole said:
Sorry, didn't mean to infer that it has ever cycled up at Mesa. Just more of a cycle of Mesa dragging others down. I guess the response should have been "What comes around, goes around."

Wait, so it's the pilots' fault?

Mesa sux because of its pilots? And we (the pilots) are dragging the industry down?

We're not back to that POS argument, are we?

Just the opposite?

synchoff said:
Thereby taking the ability of private companies from having any say in the hiring process. Da comrade!

For example . . . company wants to hire a pilot with 2000hrs of CRJ time, but instead has to hire some putz CFII with 2001 hrs of quailty C152 instructor time.

Brilliant.

I think it is supposed to work more like this... Company wants to hire some new guy putz with 400 hours and an endless desire for abuse, but has to take the most senior pilot available, maybe someone who's company recently down-sized, so instead the company has to hire an out of work 5 year seniority pilot with 4000 hrs... and of course pay him 5 year pay, cuz it's global seniority... And "Thereby taking the ability of private companies from having any say in the hiring process."

Brilliant?

El Ocho said:
Wait, so it's the pilots' fault?

Mesa sux because of its pilots? And we (the pilots) are dragging the industry down?

We're not back to that POS argument, are we?

The fact that they are willing to work under that POS contract pretty much sucks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back