Mesa shuts down another one

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RP170 said:
The fact that they are willing to work under that POS contract pretty much sucks.

To be fair, we did vote that POS in OVERWHELMINGLY, without so much as a peep of protest (well at the time anyway . . . nothing but btch,btch, btch now . . . .)

synchoff said:
To be fair, we did vote that POS in OVERWHELMINGLY, without so much as a peep of protest (well at the time anyway . . . nothing but btch,btch, btch now . . . .)

When is it ammendable?

Please.... Stop!

RP170 said:
The fact that they are willing to work under that POS contract pretty much sucks.

Again, blameing the pilots... Let's not make that stupid misconnection! It is faulty logic and misplaces blame, aggression and responsibility that should be directed towards management.

Also, remember ALPA was staunchly behind the POS contract, actively persuing its ratification. And, the pilots were under duress from the FreeDum Fucs... And many pilots have arrived after the voting, because this is the one and only job they were offered. Sure, we can all hold out for better, but we might be unemployed for a long time too.

OK, there's a group of pilots (freeDum) I am firmly behind blaming! Fukers!

But hatred of Mesa is misappropriately MISPLACED on Mesa pilots. They just work there, they don't make any business decisions!

Personally, I'm at Mesa because I see it as a means to an end. Period. The company uses me, and I use the company...to build time and get out of here. That's always been the way it is here. I doubt anyone actually applies to Mesa thinking "hmmm...what a great airline to spend the rest of my career".

When I started to apply to regional carriers (prior to the hiring boom of late) I asked myself "where can I go to minimize my time in the right seat and start building PIC time?". ExpressJet, Comair, and Horizon were carriers that I seriously considered, based on their reputation as providing good QOL, pay, etc. However, I was a bit put off by their typical upgrade times. On the other hand, Mesa upgrades were typically less than those carriers, and as the old saying goes "doors open with PIC time". Those doors may be a place like SWA, or a decent corporate of fractional gig...whatever the case, it's better than life at Mesa. Personally, my objective is to get on with SWA, and I'm trying to do everything possible to make myself competitive for them...namely, 1000 hours turbine PIC (and, yes, I realize those are the minimums).

It's strange, but the crap that we have to put up with at Mesa motivates me to want to get out of here even MORE. I don't want to become complacent because I want to get out of the regional ranks...sooner than later! I know several ex-Mesa pilots that have been able to get on with the likes of SWA, and every one of them has said the same thing on their experience with Mesa: "Do your job, try and stay away from all the negativity of the crew room, and get that PIC time...it's all worth it when you get here".

I won't argue that our schedules and days off suck (amongst other things), but I guess it all depends on what you want to get out of this career. If I would have had to make the same decision again, maybe I would have chosen a place like CHQ or SkyWest or somewhere else. However, I'm well into a year here at Mesa, and starting back over would simply take me a step back in achieving my goal.

...we'll see if it works out.

El Ocho said:
Again, blameing the pilots... Let's not make that stupid misconnection! It is faulty logic and misplaces blame, aggression and responsibility that should be directed towards management.

Also, remember ALPA was staunchly behind the POS contract, actively persuing its ratification. And, the pilots were under duress from the FreeDum Fucs... And many pilots have arrived after the voting, because this is the one and only job they were offered. Sure, we can all hold out for better, but we might be unemployed for a long time too.

OK, there's a group of pilots (freeDum) I am firmly behind blaming! Fukers!

But hatred of Mesa is misappropriately MISPLACED on Mesa pilots. They just work there, they don't make any business decisions!

Did someone tell you you had to work at Mesa?

Latest resources

Back