• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa recognized as best regional. Wins "Triple Crown" again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great, with that logic then, I expect Skywest to be number 1 in 2012 with all of that "easy" west coast flying you have underbid everyone on.

You ASSume that because a company gets a contract, they MUST have underbid the competition. By "underbidding" you ASSume or imply that the company knew what others would bid and undercut them OR, that they would bid at or below cost. The former is unlikely given the nature of closed bids and the latter is unlikely because Jerry doesn't make stupid business decisions.

My unnamed sources tell me SKYW was NOT the lowest bidder on either "easy West Coast contract".

SKYW, your day is coming... Enjoy the 150+ CRJ200's. They only way to shed them is in BK, or wait till the leases expire. Didn't you all post a loss last qtr ?

Xpoo
I'm a Skywest guy, and have access, or lack thereof to the same info you do. How can you conclusively say we did or didn't underbid Mesa? Opinion doesn't count. What you heard in recurrent doesn't count. What Chip mentioned in a water cooler chat doesn't count. Can you show some evidence one way or another. Note that I haven't said I believe one way or another.

It was awesome telling Chip to go f---- himself during the MAG BK CH 11.

It was awesome telling Chip to go f---- himself during the MAG BK CH 11.

That may not happen as OO signed that 200 contract with the ability to upgrade most if not all of those 200s to 700s at some point in time.

Mesa was getting rid of all their B-19s, and was looking to get rid of all their 200s. US Airways still needed that flying, and I'm sure JO put in a bid to do that flying but nothing crazy to pigeon-hole their operation into losing even more money. SkyWest operates the largest fleet of CRJ200s. I'm sure CC put a bid in that was lower than JO's, in fact, I will bank on it. But that doesn't mean SkyWest bid that flying at a loss. Mesa rids themselves of the 200s, SkyWest makes good with US Airways, and everyone is basically happy.

That may not happen as OO signed that 200 contract with the ability to upgrade most if not all of those 200s to 700s at some point in time.

That had nothing to do with what SKY was going to do to mesa pilots...It was ugly.....not a good deal for 700 plus mesa pilots.

Latest resources

Back