• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rene

Mesa Airlines Begins its 3rd Consecutive Year as #1 On-time Regional Airline

PR-Logo-Businesswire.gif

PHOENIX, Mar 16, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Mesa Air Group, Inc., the #1 On-Time Regional Airline in 2010 and 2011, is pleased to announce its #1 rank among U.S. regional airlines for on-time arrivals in January 2012, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation Air Travel Consumer Report, the industry recognized measure of performance. In addition to being ranked first among regional airlines for on-time arrivals, Mesa was ranked first among regional airlines for fewest mishandled bags and first among all air carriers for fewest complaints per 100,000 passengers -- the "Triple Crown" of operational performance. This recognition and the Company's strong operational performance reflect Mesa's continued commitment to its Code Share Partners and Passengers.
Mesa Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Ornstein noted, "Our on-time performance for January continues the high on-time standard we have maintained throughout 2010 and 2011, and we are proud of DOT's recognition. I would like to thank our people for their unified effort to provide the best regional airline experience, and I thank our customers for their continued patronage."
Mesa Airlines currently operates 77 aircraft with over 395 daily system departures to 87 cities, 33 states, Mexico and the District of Columbia. Mesa operates as US Airways Express and United Express under contractual agreements with US Airways and United Airlines, respectively, and independently as go!. In June 2006, Mesa launched inter-island Hawai'i service as go! and in October 2009 formed a joint-venture with Mokulele Airlines. The go! Mokulele operation links Honolulu to the neighbor island airports of Hilo, Kona, Kahului, Ho'olehua, Lana'i and Lihu'e. Mesa, founded by Larry and Janie Risley in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 1,850 employees.
SOURCE: Mesa Air Group, Inc.

As a Mesa pilot, I have handled my share of bags when our Skywest, American Eagle, and Piedmont stations have failed in said duties. Does this count??? Of course I say that jokingly... I'll pose this point... IF you dont HANDLE bags, its very difficult to MISHANDLE bags. Actually, the reality is that the GO! operation in Hawaii DOES handle bags, so that's probably what is being referred to.

Now, blast away at Mesa if you want... some of the criticism is warranted. But I'll argue that you won't find very many pilot groups that are harder-working or more dedicated than the ones at Mesa. Keep in mind that the noteworthy performance at Mesa is at least partly due to having an experienced group of employees working on the front lines. For example, the most junior first officers have been on property for over five years. This isnt meant as bragging OR complaining, just pointing out what I believe to be part of the reason for the good results. Now the challenge for the pilots and flight attendants (and mechanics, etc) is to convince management that their experience and skills are worth more than is currently being recognized.

By the way... before it even comes up, YES MESA HAS ACARS REPORTING THE TIMES.

Last edited:
You want a cookie for being the best lowest bidder? It's the regionals.

I am fairly certain SKYW lowballed us in PHX. Not sure if that does anything for ya. Bottom line, all the regionals are competing for work. Its the nature of the game.

does Mesa have Acars or do ya just call your times to the station, on time all the time?

does Mesa have Acars or do ya just call your times to the station, on time all the time?

On the 1900 we would call all the times for all 10 legs in advance ( good ol days) We Mesa pilots pretty much make up the times even when the acars says different. Peace bitches...

Shiniest turd is still a turd

Latest resources

Back