• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa recognized as best regional. Wins "Triple Crown" again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It does not matter if you fly into a congested hub or not.
The time is a historical block. Just in case, let me give you an example.
ASA flys from ATL-AGS... it takes however many min?
They have done this flight for the last 30 years..... It is blocked for that length.
Now if they go over that block..... they are late.
Get it... Got it..... Good!

I've only been doing this for a few decades, but in my experience whenever there's weather the congested hubs tend to back up and cause longer delays that make flights go over block, than non-congested airports... Get it? Got it? Good!!

Last edited:
I've only been doing this for a few decades, but in my experience whenever there's weather the congested hubs tend to back up and cause longer delays that make flights go over block, than non-congested airports... Get it? Got it? Good!!

and its all figured into the average....one or two days of bad weather does not change your ontime performance much.....

Let's have a lil fun and compare:
Besides comparing Mesa to any big regionals that have core ops in the busiest hubs and still declare Mesa the "best" is laughable. Can u take your "best" ratings and get more flying and better wages from Orstein? Yea right.

No Gr82, YOU didn't, but it was implied by others. That was what my post was directed to.

Its funny... BHopper can't provide a valid argument against Mesa's on-time performance... so has to turn into something about JO and wages. If you can't make a good argument, change the subject... "Yeah, yeah uh well ummm you're ugly! So there!" Loser.

If you want to talk contracts, why not disucss our scope? No other regional (or otherwise, to my knowledge) has scope language nearly as protective. Not bragging, but why not discuss ALL of the contract, if that's your problem. Even though this thread has NOTHING to do with wages and contracts. I couldn't help notice how defensive BHopper is about Skywest when nobody had even mentioned them. Must have gone up for a second helping of the ol' Skywest Kool-Aid.

No Gr82, YOU didn't, but it was implied by others. That was what my post was directed to.

Its funny... BHopper can't provide a valid argument against Mesa's on-time performance... so has to turn into something about JO and wages. If you can't make a good argument, change the subject... "Yeah, yeah uh well ummm you're ugly! So there!" Loser.

If you want to talk contracts, why not disucss our scope? No other regional (or otherwise, to my knowledge) has scope language nearly as protective. Not bragging, but why not discuss ALL of the contract, if that's your problem. Even though this thread has NOTHING to do with wages and contracts. I couldn't help notice how defensive BHopper is about Skywest when nobody had even mentioned them. Must have gone up for a second helping of the ol' Skywest Kool-Aid.

I was using my company, as an example, if you talk about kool aid, you sure are drinking the MESA brand.

Like I said before, Mesa only has 77 aircraft and 395 daily flights...
-With the 395 daily departures, how many of those are UA branded flights vs US branded flights? By having less flights, especially to some of the busiest airports, its skews the stats of being the best ontime "regional airline".
Being that this triple crown is done for all the ops of Mesa, im sure (thou just speculation) that the GO! ontime/completion stats help the numbers overall for Mesa.

For Skywest AIRLINES and SkyWest INC. with the UA ops in EVERY HUB, it becomes harder to maintain high DOT monitored stats when UA requests delays and cancelations on a bigger scale than what Mesa gets on the UA side. It would be the same argument with Skywest airlines having better ontime stats on the Alaska or USairways side of the operation than Horizon or Mesa.

Plus according to the DOT stats, Hawaiian is the best airline overall. Would you say that Hawaiian's stats are at all skewed to their advantage than the likes of Delta, United, or American since they have larger fleets and hub ops on the mainland vs Hawaiian having a smaller fleet and a hub in HNL?

If you want to compare the amount of SkyWest flights per hubs to show my point..
UA (1058 Total departures)
SFO - 143
LAX - 94
DEN - 129
IAH - 43
ORD - 72
IAD - 5

US (94 Total departures)
PHX - 47

Last edited:
For Skywest AIRLINES and SkyWest INC. with the UA ops in EVERY HUB, it becomes harder to maintain high DOT monitored stats when UA requests delays and cancelations on a bigger scale than what Mesa gets on the UA side. It would be the same argument with Skywest airlines having better ontime stats on the Alaska or USairways side of the operation than Horizon or Mesa.

Great, with that logic then, I expect Skywest to be number 1 in 2012 with all of that "easy" west coast flying you have underbid everyone on.

Freedom

How was "Freedom's" performance?...

BTW, since you asked, although Freedom has been gone for three years. Freedom for the last 6 months of its contract with Delta was the number one "partner" in Delta's system. Why does the truth bother you so much. Mesa is now a different airline than the one you remember.

Now look into the other 99% of their operation...[/QUOTE

Let's dumb it down for ya then, Mesa has more flights in phx
than skywest and performs better. Mesa has more flights in clt
than any other regional and still performs better than any of them.

Just to set the record clear. Mesa has ACARS, Mesa is the number one airline in the United system and has been operating in IAD and ORD hubs, Mesa is also the number one airline in the airways system and has been for 28 straight months. Number 0ne, in on time performance, D-0, and A-14, Number one in Completion factor, Total completion and controllable completion. It is not just our pilots, our maintenace has improved greatly, as has our SOC crew scheduling and dispatch functions. I for one actually enjoy working here. Why is that so hard for some here to understand?

Latest resources

Back