• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa recognized as best regional. Wins "Triple Crown" again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And your point is?? At almost all the regionals, our First Officers have been at their respective airline for over five years. Nothing unique there. Move along...

I said the JUNIOR pilot has been doing this for five years. And by the way, its NOT something I was bragging about! You think all those guys are happy about that? And I know other airlines are/have been in the same situation. By the way, most of the FOs were once Captains, too. Again... NOT bragging and its nothing new... it sucks getting downgraded. But you have to admit that experience is worth something. In this case, I think its a part of the reason for the performance.

Man, its so amazing how defensive people get. This thread was not about contracts, "stealing" business from other carriers, or claiming that Mesa was the best company to work with. Someone posts that Mesa is recognized for performing well, and a bunch of you all cry about it. Kinda reminds me of my nephew when he was little... when he would throw a tantrum when his older sister would open her birthday present. He just couldnt STAND that it wasnt his turn to have a prize. Oh, but HE WAS THREE.

Whats your excuse? Babies.

Last edited:
SWA whole operation is based on avoiding the congested airports, and not flying a hub/spoke operation... That a good enough explanation for ya?

Yep, SWA's entire operation is geared around avoiding ORD. I can't think of a congested airport that SWA doesn't fly to aside from O'Hare. You've figured it out.

In case you haven't noticed, SWA is morphing more and more into a hubbed carrier that you're more likely to connect somewhere instead of just point-to-point.

Yep, SWA's entire operation is geared around avoiding ORD. I can't think of a congested airport that SWA doesn't fly to aside from O'Hare. You've figured it out.

In case you haven't noticed, SWA is morphing more and more into a hubbed carrier that you're more likely to connect somewhere instead of just point-to-point.

Never said their "entire operation". SWA did start out by trying to avoid the busy hubs and flying point to point not hub and spoke. They have been "morphing" but as a percentage of their flying, they still do less of it in congested airports than most of their competitors.

Never said their "entire operation". SWA did start out by trying to avoid the busy hubs and flying point to point not hub and spoke. They have been "morphing" but as a percentage of their flying, they still do less of it in congested airports than most of their competitors.

It does not matter if you fly into a congested hub or not.
The time is a historical block. Just in case, let me give you an example.
ASA flys from ATL-AGS... it takes however many min?
They have done this flight for the last 30 years..... It is blocked for that length.
Now if they go over that block..... they are late.
Get it... Got it..... Good!

And Charlotte, Dulles, and Chicago O'Hare are not congested airports or busy hubs. Got it.

Latest resources

Back