• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out of BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But the point is, they operate us separately so they don't have to merge our lists. Which is perfect for ASA, by the way. If SKYW buys Mesa they will operate them separately. It has nothing to do with what I want, IT ALL HAS TO DO WITH THE WAY SKYW DOES BUSINESS.

They WILL NOT merge the list of an ALPA carrier with SKYW pilots...PERIOD.

It's either that or they will wait until someone liquidates and buy the assets. It's not mine nor any other pilots' decision. It's the way JA does business which, since it's his business, is his right to do.

You may want to call your president or MEC on that. You will be surprised that JA offered some kind of merge with the no union SKW but it was not good enough according to Mesa MEC.

Dont become an expert about how how SKW is doing bussiness if you dont know.........

Liquidation is out of the picture. SKW management gets that so its time for you and others on this FI to get it.

Creditors get more money to let them out of bk versus ch7
its all about the money as you know but scope and mackaskill bond federal ruling is SKW problem.

It has been reported that Airways is going to get about a 25% stake as part of the contract extention. I can now go get my propain tank filled for my camper in Mesa.

Looks like I will be staying after all.... :rolleyes:

It will jive when the staple job comes. Your LOA with your 900 rates did the job for you.

payback is a b---

For the record i voted NO. But regardless, both ALPA carriers equals DOH, not staple.
And the judge and creditors still have to approve the plan. It won't be what we have read.

It has been reported that Airways is going to get about a 25% stake as part of the contract extention. I can now go get my propain tank filled for my camper in Mesa.

Looks like I will be staying after all.... :rolleyes:

Mesa gave Us Airways 10% stake in the company as part of it's restructuring. Mesa will issue stock in exchange for a contract extension.

You are correct. I am not there anymore, but I have a lot of friends there and while I was there I was very involved with ALPA.

Now as far as how skw does bussiness, you are wrong. Mesa Alpa gave them the boot 3 times not once, ask your MEC Chair Dave New------ or Vice Ster-----or the SAPA chairman Mike.

SKW did what, when they bought

ASA and Express jet, they took all of their pilots and if they want to play, they will do the same with Mesa.....

Now you are an ALPA pilot correct? you want ALPA policy for your merger dont you?

Why the f---- you wish something bad for other ALPA pilots at Mesa? or Comair, or you may feel otherwise about Comair pilots. Assets there as well? your thoughts.

BTW show me where SKW did bussiness as usual and picked up assets only, show me once they did that, comair?

Mormons are not as good as you think and I worked for a mormon in the past if you know what I mean.

Now if you are friends with Brad, your president relate all this please.

adios

West Air!!!

ExpressJet has given in on scope because the MEC believes it to be a better deal than SKYW walking away, not because there is some loophole in our scope. The scope may or may not be as strong as it is supposed to be, a judge would have to decide and JA has said he doesn't care to take it that far.

ALPA merger policy is NOT DOH, it is the merger committees of the respective companies working together on a list and if no agreement is made it goes to arbitration. There is no voting by the MECs or pilot groups.

Probably based on discussions with Brad Holt, some XJT reps feel that both Comair and Mesa are in JA's plans on making SKYW one of the world's largest airlines. So, Mesa out of BK, positive cash flow, flying CR7 and CR9 for USAIR gives JA another profitable division, makes sense.

Mesa's 900's have too many seats for Mesa to be merged with either ASA or Skyw. DALPA's contact restricts connection carriers to no more than 76 seats, so if acquired Mesa would have to remain a separate entity. No merger or integration.

Mesa's 900's have too many seats for Mesa to be merged with either ASA or Skyw. DALPA's contact restricts connection carriers to no more than 76 seats, so if acquired Mesa would have to remain a separate entity. No merger or integration.

Since you are a SKW captain, ask Mike Ma---- about that.

You will be surprised

Since you are a SKW captain, ask Mike Ma---- about that.

You will be surprised

What's with all the name dropping? Do you think we're impressed with you or something?

All of the names you've dropped could easily be looked up in a 2 second google search, so quit trying to act like some kind of a big shot.

Right....and reconfiguring the seats to make a bunch of 76 seat jets with first class is just beyond our capability down here in the ATL...right?

:rolleyes:

All those guys who've been calling Mesa the cockroach that will NEVER die are seemingly vindicated by this recent development, no?

Latest resources

Back