• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out of BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Debt free? Bk lets you reorganize but its up to the judge to determine how much they are going to get away with. Who knows maybe all the profit for the next 30 years will be used to pay back the creditors. Mesa's proposal will not be what we read. Its just that. A proposal to the judge. And it will be modified. If mesa cant put forth a plan that will pay back the creditors and make money they may be forced into chapter 7.

Chapter 7 wish is out of the question and mesa has an extension with airways

Debt free? Bk lets you reorganize but its up to the judge to determine how much they are going to get away with. Who knows maybe all the profit for the next 30 years will be used to pay back the creditors. Mesa's proposal will not be what we read. Its just that. A proposal to the judge. And it will be modified. If mesa cant put forth a plan that will pay back the creditors and make money they may be forced into chapter 7.

The creditors WILL be the new owners of Mesa

Actually, believe it or not, we do have a contract at ASA.

Mesa isn't coming out of bk- not without being picked up or pushed over the edge of the cliff by a competitor. Don't get me wrong- I'd love to help the Mesa pilots out. I'd have to say that of all the pilot groups that have helped me to get to work (commuting), Mesa pilots have been the friendliest and most accomodating. Good group of folks- I just hate that Ornstein couldn't provide the respect and dignity the people there deserved. Management failed you and you deserve better..............

That was towards a SKW pilot with no contract.

ASA? I know you have a contract.

So mesa in bk gets rid of all their 50 seaters. Then when exiting they find 20 million to buy a company with mostly 50 seaters. Just doesnt jive.

It will jive when the staple job comes. Your LOA with your 900 rates did the job for you.

payback is a b---

WMS is an ASA pilot.

Ok then his remark about assets does not fly. Did they buy ASAs assets only? No, they took the pilots as well. Well if they want Mesa they will have to take all their pilots as well.

And I hope that is what Mesa Mec and their chairman tells them.
Unless their Mec Chairman is spineless

SKYW will not merge with a union carrier. We have already have seen this with XE. They will buy assets and grow organically or operate them separately.

When they bought ASA how come they took you as well.

Worry about your merging and your number and let others decide their fate

Ok then his remark about assets does not fly. Did they buy ASAs assets only? No, they took the pilots as well. Well if they want Mesa they will have to take all their pilots as well.

And I hope that is what Mesa Mec and their chairman tells them.
Unless their Mec Chairman is spineless

But the point is, they operate us separately so they don't have to merge our lists. Which is perfect for ASA, by the way. If SKYW buys Mesa they will operate them separately. It has nothing to do with what I want, IT ALL HAS TO DO WITH THE WAY SKYW DOES BUSINESS.

They WILL NOT merge the list of an ALPA carrier with SKYW pilots...PERIOD.

It's either that or they will wait until someone liquidates and buy the assets. It's not mine nor any other pilots' decision. It's the way JA does business which, since it's his business, is his right to do.

When they bought ASA how come they took you as well.

Worry about your merging and your number and let others decide their fate

I'm not worried about anything because worrying doesn't change a thing. Just telling you how SKYW does business.

Why are you so worried about it. It's not your deal.

I'm not worried about anything because worrying doesn't change a thing. Just telling you how SKYW does business.

Why are you so worried about it. It's not your deal.

You are correct. I am not there anymore, but I have a lot of friends there and while I was there I was very involved with ALPA.

Now as far as how skw does bussiness, you are wrong. Mesa Alpa gave them the boot 3 times not once, ask your MEC Chair Dave New------ or Vice Ster-----or the SAPA chairman Mike.

SKW did what, when they bought

ASA and Express jet, they took all of their pilots and if they want to play, they will do the same with Mesa.....

Now you are an ALPA pilot correct? you want ALPA policy for your merger dont you?

Why the f---- you wish something bad for other ALPA pilots at Mesa? or Comair, or you may feel otherwise about Comair pilots. Assets there as well? your thoughts.

BTW show me where SKW did bussiness as usual and picked up assets only, show me once they did that, comair?

Mormons are not as good as you think and I worked for a mormon in the past if you know what I mean.

Now if you are friends with Brad, your president relate all this please.

adios

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back