• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa out of BK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How will skw buy assets only? dont mormons have to comply with federal law and contracts? oh I forgot you have no contract, Too much kool aid for you.

Actually, believe it or not, we do have a contract at ASA.

Mesa isn't coming out of bk- not without being picked up or pushed over the edge of the cliff by a competitor. Don't get me wrong- I'd love to help the Mesa pilots out. I'd have to say that of all the pilot groups that have helped me to get to work (commuting), Mesa pilots have been the friendliest and most accomodating. Good group of folks- I just hate that Ornstein couldn't provide the respect and dignity the people there deserved. Management failed you and you deserve better..............

Liability. That is why everyone is selling their wholly owns.

PSA could be bought for less than 15 million......look at compass, 36 planes operation for 22.5

So mesa in bk gets rid of all their 50 seaters. Then when exiting they find 20 million to buy a company with mostly 50 seaters. Just doesnt jive.

How will skw buy assets only? don't Mormons have to comply with federal law and contracts? oh I forgot you have no contract, Too much kool aid for you.

They just wait for a company to liquidate. When the company no longer exists the assets are available without condition. No kool aid, just business.

BTW, I'm not at SKYW, I'm at ASA and have been the object of what I'm talking about. We were bought by SKYW, and are operated separately... because we're union and they're not.

Last edited:
Actually, believe it or not, we do have a contract at ASA.

Mesa isn't coming out of bk- not without being picked up or pushed over the edge of the cliff by a competitor. Don't get me wrong- I'd love to help the Mesa pilots out. I'd have to say that of all the pilot groups that have helped me to get to work (commuting), Mesa pilots have been the friendliest and most accomodating. Good group of folks- I just hate that Ornstein couldn't provide the respect and dignity the people there deserved. Management failed you and you deserve better..............

They are coming out of BK within the coming weeks. With the debt gone, a new USAIR contract for the 900's they will be profitable. ASA on the other hand good luck with the 100 plus 200's on property the writing is on the wall. Get your resumes ready.

How is your MEC. Strong or weak. You should ask them how good your scope is. I know SKW found it to be too good and too strong

They are the very definition of dysfunctional.

It's a sad day when I cannot even trust my own MEC.

They are coming out of BK within the coming weeks. With the debt gone, a new USAIR contract for the 900's they will be profitable. ASA on the other hand good luck with the 100 plus 200's on property the writing is on the wall. Get your resumes ready.

Debt free? Bk lets you reorganize but its up to the judge to determine how much they are going to get away with. Who knows maybe all the profit for the next 30 years will be used to pay back the creditors. Mesa's proposal will not be what we read. Its just that. A proposal to the judge. And it will be modified. If mesa cant put forth a plan that will pay back the creditors and make money they may be forced into chapter 7.

Debt free? Bk lets you reorganize but its up to the judge to determine how much they are going to get away with. Who knows maybe all the profit for the next 30 years will be used to pay back the creditors. Mesa's proposal will not be what we read. Its just that. A proposal to the judge. And it will be modified. If mesa cant put forth a plan that will pay back the creditors and make money they may be forced into chapter 7.

I am sure many would like to see that... However, Chp 7 doesn't pay the creditors. CHP 13 is a much better option, on top of a renewed usair contract to show a positive cash flow to help pay a portion of that debt.

Stock price down 68% as of 0730 Arizona time.

....now worth less than a penny.

That's due to Mesa's proposed POR wiping out all existing shares. Anyone left holding MESAQ shares will be f---ed.

So mesa in bk gets rid of all their 50 seaters. Then when exiting they find 20 million to buy a company with mostly 50 seaters. Just doesnt jive.

No, they will get 14 700s and replace the 13 old 200s they have with your new 200s and keep 12 200s of yours.

simple, reducing will make airways happy as well......

let see

Latest resources

Back