• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa ORD accident this morning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having over 2 years, yes, 2 whole years of flying the CRJ200. I have had only ONE mx delay, and that was about 3 months ago.
Out off all the DHing I have done on the ERJ, I have been delayed 4 times because of mx.

Now I'm not Monday morning QBing the crew, I wasn't there and don't know the whole story.
But personally I would have rather geared it up in SBN.
Reasons why:
-I'd rather shut down SBN than one of ORD's runways.
-SBN has better, barely legal strippers and they're much cheaper to see than the ones in the ORD area.
-SBN....Notre Dame, college town. Also you have the Saint Mary's girls there as well. Cheaper booze.
-SBN....College Football Hall of Fame.

So you're saying it could be Nearest AND Suitable?

Seriously, we are all rushing to the defense of the CRJ2/7?

It's a tool that I use to deliver my paycheck. Nothing more.

I wish it didn't have the words 'Connecition', 'Express', or 'Connect' painted on the side, but other than that, I really don't invest too much emotion. Do y'all?

So you're saying it could be Nearest AND Suitable?
Well it depends on what you consider suitable.
Do you want maybe 1 firetruck? Well then SBN might not be your choice.
You want barely legal, naughty little Catholic college girls letting you motorboat them for an extra dollar? SBN it is!

Well I wouldn't care to compare it to other 121 jet aircraft because, like you, I haven't had any experience with any other 121 jet aircraft. It would be naive to say I knew anything about them. However, you seem to know everything there is to know. Your must be a very impressive person indeed.

This aircraft has an impeccable safety record so your original quote seems way off base. Aircraft break. Some more than others. But to say it's unsafe is simply not supported by any of the facts and statistics.

Look, I'm not here to get into a wizzing match about who the most knowledgeable person on here is. I was just making a statement. I Never claimed I knew everything there is to know. I don't know much about other aircraft, but I know a little about 3 of them from my extensive commuting experience. I also NEVER said it was unsafe--you derived that from my post, but I never stated it. An aircraft can be a POS and still be safe.

All I said was that if you compare the 200 to any other Boeing, Airbus, or like type in the current market--it's a POS that can just barely complete it mission if it's hot or if there is bad weather.

I would also ask you what an "impeccable" safety record is . . I don't have the numbers, but I would like to see them. I guess you're talking fatal accidents and not reportable incidents. Are you talking fatal accidents per block hour or per departure? Vs. all 121 carriers or a specific fleet?

We could go all day here. The point is I have a personal view that this aircraft sucks as a 121 carrier. Not trying to force my beliefs on anyone else or prove to you how much I know. If you can give me another current jet aircraft that is worse than the 200 in performance and completion factor I'd love to hear about it and change my position.

It was not a CRJ2 it was a CRJ7. I had to stare at it all day yesterday until they finally got it off 28 around noon. Suprisingly it didn't have too much impact thanks to off loading to 27R but we are better off being able to land 3 instead of 2. I did not see this happen the night before but am curious. Did the gear retract after it had landed or was it up the entire time. I want to know how it got all the way down 28 between F and T if the gear infact had been in the wing the entire time.

All I said was that if you compare the 200 to any other Boeing, Airbus, or like type in the current market--it's a POS that can just barely complete it mission if it's hot or if there is bad weather..

Personally, I think if you throw the -700 engines on it, it will be one hell of an airplane.
I don't know anyone that likes to climb 300-500FPM about FL180.
Or when ATC asks to maintain 300kias and you have to reply "Not sure if we can get it going that fast, maybe if you give us a decent"

But this airplane is stretched so thin, it's a disposible airplane.

Well it depends on what you consider suitable.
Do you want maybe 1 firetruck? Well then SBN might not be your choice.
You want barely legal, naughty little Catholic college girls letting you motorboat them for an extra dollar? SBN it is!

Or I could go home and be with my family in SBN. Nearest AND Suitable. Home cooked meal. Sleep in my own bed while they drag the carcass of a CRJ2 off the runway.

It was not a CRJ2 it was a CRJ7. I had to stare at it all day yesterday until they finally got it off 28 around noon. Suprisingly it didn't have too much impact thanks to off loading to 27R but we are better off being able to land 3 instead of 2. I did not see this happen the night before but am curious. Did the gear retract after it had landed or was it up the entire time. I want to know how it got all the way down 28 between F and T if the gear infact had been in the wing the entire time.

Hmmmm. FAA seemed to think it was a CRJ2.

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: MESA716 Make/Model: CRJ2 Description: CANADAIR CRJ-200, RJ-200 REGIONAL JET
Date: 12/16/2008 Time: 2325

Event Type: Incident Highest Injury: None Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Unknown

DESCRIPTION
MESA AIRLINES FLIGHT 7164 CANADAIR CRJ200 LANDED WITH LEFT MAIN GEAR UP, NO
INJURIES REPORTED, PASSENGERS EVACUATED VIA STAIRS ON THE RUNWAY, CHICAGO,
IL

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 32 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: NOT REPORTED

OTHER DATA
Activity: Business Phase: Landing Operation: Air Carrier

FAA FSDO: CHICAGO, IL (GL31) Entry date: 12/16/2008

Hmmmm. FAA seemed to think it was a CRJ2.

Well it appears the FAA screwed the pooch on this one. If you look at the photo from the news story in the first post you can clearly see the fwd baggage door. Those do not exist on the 200. Also on the nose door you can see the tail number "511" which is a 700.

Latest resources

Back