• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa ORD accident this morning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the grounds that the thing is CONSTANTLY broken, MEL'd etc. I've been commuting for 2 years straight on Delta MD-88s, 737s, and 757s. There have been 5 times total in those two years where we were late because the aircraft was "In Maintenance." How many times in a typical 4 day is your CRJ200 "in maintenance"? For me, if you fly a whole 4 day without being late for mx it's a miracle. And that is not counting all the "Gremlin" things that happen and you don't write up.

Maybe Delta mx is better than here, but THAT much better? The RJ could come out of a D check and still have problems the next leg. Plus, mainline aircraft don't have the gremlin problems that we have.

Finally, lets not even get into the flaps, icing, air conditioning, or the fact that if you have an alternate you are not taking a full payload.

Compare the CRJ-200 to any current 121 jet aircraft and tell me which one is worse.
Um, do you remember the Brasilia? Remember the "air conditioning" on that? or, the flap disagreements that happened on practically every leg? Thank goodness for the 5 generators, because usually 1 or 2 were deferred. How we flew w/o a Leatherman handy is beyond me. Or, the love boat ATR....flying that was almost as good as sitting nap reserve in current times...you didn't fly because Mx owned it most of the time.

Latest resources

Back