Mesa ORD accident this morning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

I've heard from a lot of people that the CRJ-200 is better than the ERJ-145.

Also, I'd rather fly a CRJ-200 than a DC-9, as far as the airframe and avionics go.

cliff
GRB

Lets ask how much frequency flier passengers enjoy the CRJ-200. Or a deadheading crew - especially from mainline. They don't care about your avionics.

Lets ask how much frequency flier passengers enjoy the CRJ-200. Or a deadheading crew - especially from mainline. They don't care about your avionics.

Only been in a 145 once, and I was excited to be able to stand up straight in the pisser.

On the grounds that the thing is CONSTANTLY broken, MEL'd etc. I've been commuting for 2 years straight on Delta MD-88s, 737s, and 757s. There have been 5 times total in those two years where we were late because the aircraft was "In Maintenance." How many times in a typical 4 day is your CRJ200 "in maintenance"? For me, if you fly a whole 4 day without being late for mx it's a miracle. And that is not counting all the "Gremlin" things that happen and you don't write up.

Compare the CRJ-200 to any current 121 jet aircraft and tell me which one is worse.
Having over 2 years, yes, 2 whole years of flying the CRJ200. I have had only ONE mx delay, and that was about 3 months ago.
Out off all the DHing I have done on the ERJ, I have been delayed 4 times because of mx.

Now I'm not Monday morning QBing the crew, I wasn't there and don't know the whole story.
But personally I would have rather geared it up in SBN.
Reasons why:
-I'd rather shut down SBN than one of ORD's runways.
-SBN has better, barely legal strippers and they're much cheaper to see than the ones in the ORD area.
-SBN....Notre Dame, college town. Also you have the Saint Mary's girls there as well. Cheaper booze.
-SBN....College Football Hall of Fame.

Having over 2 years, yes, 2 whole years of flying the CRJ200. I have had only ONE mx delay, and that was about 3 months ago.
Out off all the DHing I have done on the ERJ, I have been delayed 4 times because of mx.

Now I'm not Monday morning QBing the crew, I wasn't there and don't know the whole story.
Reasons why:
-SBN has better, barely legal strippers and they're much cheaper to see than the ones in the ORD area.
-SBN....Notre Dame, college town. Also you have the Saint Mary's girls there as well. Cheaper booze.

You have numerous well thought out and valid considerations!!!

You have numerous well thought out and valid considerations!!!
This is what you get when you fly with me. :)

Oh, that and for safety purposes, I believe SBN uses the local fire department as their rescue....so atleast they have one truck to put the flames out. Hate doing it all myself with an extinguisher.

Reasons why:

There are two schools of thought on your first reason. I personally would have gone back to ORD as it is be much better equiped to handle such an emergency just incase things got really bad. Plus MX is already there. However, the rest of your reasons are something to consider in that situation. You could go to the titty bar and tell the girls youre a hero and just maybe... actually take one home!

There are two schools of thought on your first reason. I personally would have gone back to ORD as it is be much better equiped to handle such an emergency just incase things got really bad. Plus MX is already there. However, the rest of your reasons are something to consider in that situation. You could go to the titty bar and tell the girls youre a hero and just maybe... actually take one home!
Holy sh*t, can't anyone take a joke on FI.com anymore?

Accident at ORD

I am a Airport Operations Supervisor working for the City of Chicago at ORD. I watched Air Shuttle 7164 come in on RWY 28 and got to see the plane land with my own eyes from our tower. We use the old FAA tower in front of the Hilton for our ops ctr, I also happen to be a Aircraft Dispatcher.

The reason the flight came back to ORD is because we are better equipped to handle a situation like this we have 3 fire houses at ORD. Our first fire truck was on the scene in less than a minute and the others followed not less than three min behind.

Once the passengers were off the plane they were placed in the fire trucks and ambulances until our buses arrived all in all from the time the plane landed until the time the passenges were back at gate C4 was 20 minutes. I dont think SBN would have been able to handle that.

Yes it took out one of our main runways 10-28 which did not open until 9am this morning. And we needed it because of the 4" of snow we received. The problem was is that the CRJ had to have bags placed under the wings so that it could be lifted and towed to the hangar.

People in and outside of the industry forget about the people that actually run the airport and are on the front lines of such an incident. But hey I am used to that from being an Aircraft Dispatcher. All the passengers see is the pilot and F/A they forget there are so many others that make an airport run.

Latest resources

Back