• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA or JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
take the class...get the Airbus type and llook to move on from there if it's that bad..Mesa is a ticking time bomb that eventually will leave you with no job.

Like I said, right on time..... You didn't even say anything contrary to what I was saying. Anytime someone posts what the facts are at Jetblue the crazy folks start posting how much better a CBA is. Like I said, "No $hit." My point is, that a non balanced approach when trying to scare everyone from applying at Jetblue is highlighting the fact that you're just pissed. You and I lost the ALPA thing. You're not winning support and you are validating the majority's choice. Stop trying to teach Jetblue a lesson with the "everything sucks at Jetblue posts." The reality is, folks realize that you have an agenda. Good luck with that dude..

This is not a good place to work, so stop putting cream on a turd and selling it as pastry. You work to the FARs with a poor retirement and very bad sub-regional medical, what exactly is good? A new hire has no chance of ever being a line holder on either airplane until hell freezes over. It is better for them to go somewhere where they have a bargaining agent negotiating for them and a share of the revenue they will generate. They will have nothing of the kind at jetblue.

If the pr. person max/deduct. and fam. max/deduct. out of pocket stay the same, then; this is what you will be locking at on the Care 1 plan:

Premium: $154 *24 = $ 3696
Deduct Fam: $ 800 ($400 pp)
Max OOP Fam. $ 4000

Total Max OOP: $ 8496

You never know were it will take you.. 10 years who knows what Jet Blue or any other airline will look like. Just ask the Airtran guys... What every you do, dont ever look back. Never let the "what if" haunt you..

Always remember, "IF" didn't happen. I've taken some leaps of faith and all in all, it's worked out in the end b/c I made it work.

Senior Mesa Capt (more than 13 years ) or Go to JB. My JB class date is next month
The SKYW borg has stepped into your arena, they have their sights set firmly on all your flying, you really want to be a bug in their grill?

This is not a good place to work, so stop putting cream on a turd and selling it as pastry. You work to the FARs with a poor retirement and very bad sub-regional medical, what exactly is good? A new hire has no chance of ever being a line holder on either airplane until hell freezes over. It is better for them to go somewhere where they have a bargaining agent negotiating for them and a share of the revenue they will generate. They will have nothing of the kind at jetblue.

Ignore this jackoff. Here are the true facts.

9 month guys are holding airbus JFK lines now.

3 to 4 months to a line on the BOS 190.

Good pay.

He's right about the retirement and medical. I pay double what I paid at a regional for comparable coverage.

Retirement I could care less about. I take care of that myself through other means. The JB retirement is just a bonus.

You will make more money as a 3rd or 4th year Bus FO than a 10 year regional captain with a better schedule and better QOL. A lot of it depends on where you live. The one and only real gripe that I have about JB is that the bases suck big fat donkey balls. JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO, LGB. Basically 2 NE $hitholes, 1 FL $hithole, 1 FL tourist trap, and hippieland where the cost of living is astronomical. Essentially, I'd rather blow my brains out with an RPG than live in any of JB's bases, with the exception of MCO, which is of course by far the most senior base. I knew that coming in, though, and was prepared to deal with it. Long term plan is get to MCO and stay there.

The one thing that scares me about working here is the threat of a merger/acquisition. We have no real protection should that happen. If pretty much anybody buys us, we are going to get stapled. Personally, it will affect me much less because I am junior as hell, so I'll be at the bottom either way. Honestly, a merger would probably open up some non-$hitty bases for us, too, so that is a nice thing to placate worries with.

Don't listen to anybody that says you will never upgrade, never hold a line, etc. They are full of crap. Guys are upgrading now will less than 5 years. Will that hold up? Probably not. Realistically, I'm thinking 7 to 8 years to a first shot at left seat. There will be attrition. People will leave and go to bigger and better things. There is growth. It's slow and steady, but it's there. Upgrades will stagnate if there is a M/A, but that is to be expected.

Right seat isn't a bad deal. This job isn't a bad deal. There is room for improvement, but it's way better than any regional, by a longshot. Take your commute into account and make a decision. Best of luck.

Ignore this jackoff. Here are the true facts.

9 month guys are holding airbus JFK lines now.

3 to 4 months to a line on the BOS 190.

Good pay.

He's right about the retirement and medical. I pay double what I paid at a regional for comparable coverage.

Retirement I could care less about. I take care of that myself through other means. The JB retirement is just a bonus.

You will make more money as a 3rd or 4th year Bus FO than a 10 year regional captain with a better schedule and better QOL. A lot of it depends on where you live. The one and only real gripe that I have about JB is that the bases suck big fat donkey balls. JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO, LGB. Basically 2 NE $hitholes, 1 FL $hithole, 1 FL tourist trap, and hippieland where the cost of living is astronomical. Essentially, I'd rather blow my brains out with an RPG than live in any of JB's bases, with the exception of MCO, which is of course by far the most senior base. I knew that coming in, though, and was prepared to deal with it. Long term plan is get to MCO and stay there.

The one thing that scares me about working here is the threat of a merger/acquisition. We have no real protection should that happen. If pretty much anybody buys us, we are going to get stapled. Personally, it will affect me much less because I am junior as hell, so I'll be at the bottom either way. Honestly, a merger would probably open up some non-$hitty bases for us, too, so that is a nice thing to placate worries with.

Don't listen to anybody that says you will never upgrade, never hold a line, etc. They are full of crap. Guys are upgrading now will less than 5 years. Will that hold up? Probably not. Realistically, I'm thinking 7 to 8 years to a first shot at left seat. There will be attrition. People will leave and go to bigger and better things. There is growth. It's slow and steady, but it's there. Upgrades will stagnate if there is a M/A, but that is to be expected.

Right seat isn't a bad deal. This job isn't a bad deal. There is room for improvement, but it's way better than any regional, by a longshot. Take your commute into account and make a decision. Best of luck.

I had a typo, I meant to say "line holding A320 captain", as in this will never be you. Take the current number of pilots and multiply by three, this will be the number required on property for you to be a line holding A320 Captain. That number is about 7000. It will never happen.

In the meantime, you will be stuck in the right seat at $100,000 with poor benefits and worse retirement. Get a job with a nice fractional and enjoy your job, this is not the place to be. Avoid it like the plague.

I had a typo, I meant to say "line holding A320 captain", as in this will never be you. Take the current number of pilots and multiply by three, this will be the number required on property for you to be a line holding A320 Captain. That number is about 7000. It will never happen.

In the meantime, you will be stuck in the right seat at $100,000 with poor benefits and worse retirement. Get a job with a nice fractional and enjoy your job, this is not the place to be. Avoid it like the plague.

This is of course, assuming zero retirements, zero growth, and zero attrition.

Nice try moron, but once again, the reality is far different from the picture you paint.

Latest resources

Back