• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA or JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am on the fence to be very honest with you.. Today it's a no. Tomorrow morning I may change my mind. Like many say, JB is a great airline if you were hired 5+ years ago, good seniority, furlough protection, etc.. As a new hire, how many pilots can you really expect to be hired behind you over the next 5 years ? Not many from what I am hearing.

I'm sorry JB turned you down. You can reapply after a period of time though. Where do you work currently?

Don't come to B6, you're stuck in the right seat with bad medical and bad retirement. Go where you might be appreciated. At B6, bad management tells you you're lucky to have a job, then the gift themselves with 15,000,000 shares of stock each year, the same stock they ask you to buy through the employee purchase program, 8,000,000 shares a year. That's right, it's diluted 2:1 by managers, and these clowns on this site have nothing but good to say about them. What does that say about the clowns?

Don't come to B6, you're stuck in the right seat with bad medical and bad retirement. Go where you might be appreciated. At B6, bad management tells you you're lucky to have a job, then the gift themselves with 15,000,000 shares of stock each year, the same stock they ask you to buy through the employee purchase program, 8,000,000 shares a year. That's right, it's diluted 2:1 by managers, and these clowns on this site have nothing but good to say about them. What does that say about the clowns?

Your obviously quite miserable, go get laid or something

Your obviously quite miserable, go get laid or something

That's funny, that's what folks say when they have zero insight and haven't studied this airline much. Dave Barger is a Frank Lorenzo protege, reared and raised under his management team's careful eye. Why do you think he manages just like Frank did?

They brought him to JetBlue in the beginning to replicate the New York Air "culture", and plop it on top of Kennedy, it is the same low cost discount employee model as New York Air, but instead of the 50% labor discount model, it's a 35% labor discount model. Seems to be 50% has pilots rioting but 35% is just right, illustrated by the recent ALPA vote, and it lives on at B6, where "none whatsoever", in reference to increased pilot cost from the ALPA no vote, was just said to analysts at the conference call this week. Don't believe this? That may be because you haven't investigated as much as you should. Read "Hard Landing" and then get back to me.

Go ahead and accept the job, I'll be the one laughing at you and your poor career choice, that is unless you finish training and then leave, like you should.

Last edited:
In 5 years I'd rather be at jetblue then mesa. Mesa has no future, you can't say the same about JB, you can argue it however.

In 5 years I'd rather be at jetblue then mesa. Mesa has no future, you can't say the same about JB, you can argue it however.

Oh there's a future at B6 alright, just not a good one, especially for you or any newhire, but it would definitely be better than Mesa, because the airplane is bigger so if you're willing to fly 'til your hair falls out and you look like garbage, because there's no work rules here, you'll make a decent amount of money.

You will have a retirement of meager proportion. United's, a bankruptcy contract, is 60% higher than B6, and Alaska's is over 100% higher than B6.

If you have a family, Crew Care Plus premiums just went to almost $7000 a year, throw in dental, and eyemed and it's $8880 a year. How's that for family coverage. A lot of professional pilots have families of their own and need better coverage, that's why it's central to any ALPA CBA. We don't have any union, just a student council advisory group called the PVC. It is powerless and meaningless.

This is what you're about to embrace, so now you'll be able to laugh at the Kumbaya session in OSC when you arrive. Then I'll get to laugh at you when you get on the line and tell you "I've got mine, go f*&% yourself", that's a common refrain here at jetBlue, a land of independent contractors with zero control of their contracts. How ironic is that?

Last edited:
It seems the biggest gripe is health INS the B6 pilots have. Is that all ? I will be commuting, I currently already am. Maybe I'll just flip a coin. Personally if I could be an airbus FO in MCO Making 100k+ after 5 years I'd take it over staying at Mesa

I think you just answered your own question. I was in your same situation about 5 years ago and even with the problems jetblue has I am glad I left.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back