• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA or JB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where do you live? how is your quality of life? family? Have you seen JB's benefit package (sucks)? All important questions that no one can answer for you. It's kind of sad/odd that people can't decide whether to leave Mesa for JB. Best of luck with your choice! Aviation is a gamble.

Personally, I'd stay and wait for the legacies to hire!

Last edited:
Senior Mesa Capt (more than 13 years ) or Go to JB. My JB class date is next month

Come to B6 for a SIC type in the A320, then put out any and all applications from this stepping stone of a regional airline that just happens to fly airbuses.

This management team sucks and you have no future here, so use them as much as they will use you, then leave.

Where do you live? how is your quality of life? family? Have you seen JB's benefit package (sucks)? All important questions that no one can answer for you. It's kind of sad/odd that people can't decide whether to leave Mesa for JB. Best of luck with your choice! Aviation is a gamble.

It seems the biggest gripe is health INS the B6 pilots have. Is that all ? I will be commuting, I currently already am. Maybe I'll just flip a coin. Personally if I could be an airbus FO in MCO Making 100k+ after 5 years I'd take it over staying at Mesa

I was making over 100k at the regionals at 2007 when I left for a major and was eventually furloughed and although I would not wish that on anyone I eventually got hired at VX. While far from perfect and the pay and work rules need to improve I have never regretted leaving. I say go for it because when all the regionals get squeezed between gas and scope you don't want to be another RJ Captain looking for work as it will be hard to stand out in that crowd.

Chairman

I'm sorry JB turned you down. You can reapply after a period of time though. Where do you work currently?

It's kind of sad/odd that people can't decide whether to leave Mesa for JB.

Exactly. Just the fact that such a question needs to be asked speaks volumes. No one wonders about leaving a regional to go to any other "major" airline except JetBlue.

We have almost no retirements for at least another 15 years. You come now...you'll have to rely on attrition to upgrade any time in the next decade.

Unless you live in NY...I would wait for retirements to kick in everywhere else.

By the way....I live in NY 20 minutes from JFK and I would bail the INSTANT FedEx calls.

Didnt you start a thread about a month ago asking the same thing? And then started $hit talking JB and how you would never want to go there?! WTF?

Here it is:

Have you seen the projected retirement numbers of the legacies ??

True a contract carrier may not be the best however, my scope is better than JBs.. Good luck with that come merger time.

What was the newcast regarding JB and disposing of the 190 anyway ??

e

I appreciate it..

However, I don't see whats so great about being a junior FO for many years to come in the 190 in JFK or BOS ? All to make the same pay I am now, our pay scale goes to 105 an hour.

JB has to nearly double in size before I will ever see the left seat. I don't think that is possible. Seeing the legacys are cutting capacity in the coming years.

Its a gamble, I know. Its just a personal choice. Good luck to all

Agree. Seems like a lot of working it for 85k, ( if that ) All to never see the left seat and leave when AA,UAL hires. I'll stay in my 700/900 and wait it out, and avoid 2 paycuts.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=144140

Last edited:
Yea so whats your point ?

Im just curious what made you change your mind? Why do you want to come to jetblue after all the negative things you had to say about it?

Latest resources

Back